Why become a member? ×

What a bassist..just WOW..

bubinga5

Ok i really believe this to be the best bass playing ive ever seen...Tone, speed, technique, musical intuition......ive seen this guy play this sort of stuff,.. to in the pocket grooves with no flash and he is super sharp. willie weeks style....ive seen Gouche etc, but Dale seems to be especially good...funny how such talent goes un noticed...

you need to see im go at 7.16...groove central....

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ThwuJVcyoA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ThwuJVcyoA[/url]

[quote name='bubinga5' post='742720' date='Feb 12 2010, 01:11 AM']Doddy, the start of the vid yes, but im sure you missed the groove at 7.16...this is super groove playing... give the vid time....

tell me thats a weak groove.. :) !!?? anything but.. this is one of the best groove players in the world....sheeeesh..[/quote]

Andrew, your opinion is not fact.

I've seen this video many times and whilst there are small parts that catch my attention it generally fails to give me any buzz as opposed to the other countless Gospel Bassist videos out there.

Each to their own and all that but if your going to post something like this well then be ready for when someone doesn't quite perceive a groove the same as you.

Edited by Josh

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='742883' date='Feb 12 2010, 10:38 AM']Generic bass w***ery video 627.

"this man has the groove"

"this man is sh*t"

"yeah it's good but what's the point"

Toodles[/quote]
He he....yeah ok....if you dont like this sort of thing it prob is generic...we dont all have the "japanese bass player wearing a dress" clip you know!

[quote name='bubinga5' post='742895' date='Feb 12 2010, 10:52 AM']He he....yeah ok....if you dont like this sort of thing it prob is generic...we dont all have the "japanese bass player wearing a dress" clip you know![/quote]

Sorry mate, it wasn't meant to be a dig at you but you can just bank on the same replies no matter what you put up and I'm as guilty as anyone.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='742883' date='Feb 12 2010, 10:38 AM']Generic bass w***ery video 627.

"this man is sh*t"

"yeah it's good but what's the point"

Toodles[/quote]

+1

He's good but there are loads of great basists around now that ALL have great chops and can groove - he sounds like another one of [i]them[/i]

Check out Anthony Jackson - he's pretty good too :)

M

"this man is sh*t"

"yeah it's good but what's the point"[/quote]
Yes, you're right. And besides these, there's another cliched response too:

"bass w***ery"
:)

i really dont like the bass wxxxxry term....just because someone is not playing roots and fifths...i love my in the pocket groove, and i think as a bassist its great to have both attributes...t the guy is solo with drums....this is not bass wxxxxxg....no wonder Wooten gets so much stick..

Dale prob never uses 3/4 of the trickery he has going on here....the guy is a monster groove player with lots of knowledge in a band setting :) ...IMHO

[quote name='Rich' post='742970' date='Feb 12 2010, 12:13 PM']Yes, you're right. And besides these, there's another cliched response too:

"bass w***ery"
:)[/quote]

I actually like a bit of that occasionally (as some who've seen me play will attest :rolleyes: ), I just didn't feel that for me at least this was a particularly good version of it. In terms of noodling give me Matt Garrison, Hadrien or Janek anyday. In terms of groove, give me Bernard Edwards or Stu Zender (and several others). As Mike says, AJ isn't bad either!

For me it just fell between a lot of stools, but if the OP loves it that's all that matters. The problem is that as others have said this is so personal that people are always going to disagree. Thanks for posting though, I'm always open to hearing someone new and don't let any of the naysayers (me included) put you off!

[quote name='bubinga5' post='742753' date='Feb 12 2010, 02:41 AM']ill add this guy...

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynGoVm-gY90&feature=PlayList&p=5481032BFD85BFEC&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=33"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynGoVm-gY90...PL&index=33[/url][/quote]
Definitely agree with that one. Busy, yet never out of the pocket.