Why become a member? ×

What a bassist..just WOW..

bubinga5

[quote name='Huwberry' post='743200' date='Feb 12 2010, 03:32 PM']Definitely agree with that one. Busy, yet never out of the pocket.[/quote]
i totally agree..he seems to fly around the chord changes and sound wonderful....but is sooo in the pocket on every note..a true master at work..IMHO

[quote name='bubinga5' post='742753' date='Feb 12 2010, 02:41 AM']ill add this guy...

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynGoVm-gY90&feature=PlayList&p=5481032BFD85BFEC&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=33"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynGoVm-gY90...PL&index=33[/url][/quote]

Now that is killing stuff - and I'm not dissing the dude in the OP as he is a very good player - but here's AJ really laying it down with a seriously sick trio - Michelle Camilo and Horacio Hernandez - and it's not the Calle 45 clip - this is live and it's smoking:

[quote name='urb' post='743336' date='Feb 12 2010, 05:52 PM']Now that is killing stuff - and I'm not dissing the dude in the OP as he is a very good player - but here's AJ really laying it down with a seriously sick trio - Michelle Camilo and Horacio Hernandez - and it's not the Calle 45 clip - this is live and it's smoking:

[/quote]
Now, I don't know a lot about latin music... but I know enough to appreciate just how amazing Horacio Hernandez is. A while ago I was watching another video with him, John Patitucci, Michael Brecker etc. He took a solo and even they couldn't contain themselves, it was that good - relentless clave with the left foot all the way through as well.

Anyway, thanks for posting that. I know a couple of Michel Camilo tunes, such as his trio's version of Tombo in 7/4 (also featuring Anthony Jackson, with Dave Weckl on drums), but I'm always glad to find more.

Back on topic about bassists - Anthony Jackson is just phenomenal. Sometimes a little too technical and 'clean' for my taste, but really that's only testament to his infallible accuracy.

Sometimes he's worth watching just for some of the faces he pulls. :)

[quote name='4-string-thing' post='743393' date='Feb 12 2010, 06:58 PM']I could never play anything like this, but then again, I would never want to. It leaves me cold.

For me, the song is king, and there ain't no song here![/quote] :)
may not sound like your kind of sound, but im sure dale black or anthony jackson know the song is king