Why become a member? ×

London region bash 2010

essexbasscat

For some reason it was putting bits into the url that weren't there, I had

http://%26quot/;http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa242/silddx/London%20Bass%20Bash%202010//"

But all it needed was [url="http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa242/silddx/London%20Bass%20Bash%202010"]http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa242/s...s%20Bash%202010[/url]

[quote name='silddx' post='880211' date='Jun 28 2010, 07:28 PM']All my 28 photos are here [url="http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa242/silddx/London%20Bass%20Bash%202010/?albumview=slideshow"]http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa242/s...mview=slideshow[/url][/quote]

Slideshow, good idea. The last one is almost definitely in need of a caption.

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='880256' date='Jun 28 2010, 08:14 PM']

My bass was there even if I wasn't! That gymnastic horse makes quite a good bass surgery table![/quote]
Ahh, is that yours!? That's the one he took the truss rod out of and couldn't quite get it to thread back in. I have to say I was deeply impressed with those GBs, gorgeous basses. The baby blue Spit was my fave, although it had an extra string.

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='880256' date='Jun 28 2010, 08:14 PM']

My bass was there even if I wasn't! That gymnastic horse makes quite a good bass surgery table![/quote]
You are one lucky bastard you know :rolleyes:

I now know why you praise EBS rigs and GB basses so much, having played it it does sound very cool! Shame Bernie had to break your bass to show us what's what :)

[quote name='BigBeatNut' post='880151' date='Jun 28 2010, 06:30 PM']So ... has a South East Bash been organised for this year ? (because I've searched again and still had no luck)[/quote]
Not yet. Tentative PM's have started (last night)

[quote name='JackLondon' post='880327' date='Jun 28 2010, 08:49 PM']You are one lucky bastard you know :rolleyes:

I now know why you praise EBS rigs and GB basses so much, having played it it does sound very cool! Shame Bernie had to break your bass to show us what's what :)[/quote]

Lucky as I have found my perfect basses I guess. You wait to you see the one that he is working on for me at the moment!

As for the trussrod, I'm not fussed really - it's on a long term loan! He's had that bass for some time to demo as basses never seem to stick around long enough for people to try out. In terms of breaking, I'm sure he'll put it back together. I've seen him do some more extensive surgery that would break most people's hearts... yet you'd never know by the time he has finished!

I try to give the GB basses praise because they are like no other bass. Everybody says that about their chosen bass, but now you have played one and seen and heard the electronics in them... you understand!

The baby blue spit is well cool - there have been some quality works of art coming out of Bernie's bassment of late! Sounds like he was on form anyway - what with his usual sense of humour!

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='880404' date='Jun 28 2010, 09:56 PM']Lucky as I have found my perfect basses I guess. You wait to you see the one that he is working on for me at the moment!

As for the trussrod, I'm not fussed really - it's on a long term loan! He's had that bass for some time to demo as basses never seem to stick around long enough for people to try out. In terms of breaking, I'm sure he'll put it back together. I've seen him do some more extensive surgery that would break most people's hearts... yet you'd never know by the time he has finished!

I try to give the GB basses praise because they are like no other bass. Everybody says that about their chosen bass, but now you have played one and seen and heard the electronics in them... you understand!

The baby blue spit is well cool - there have been some quality works of art coming out of Bernie's bassment of late! Sounds like he was on form anyway - what with his usual sense of humour![/quote]
Cool, I completely understand where are you coming from! The bass obvioulsy isn't broken :rolleyes: Now having heard the electronics I'm truly blown away by 3 things : 1. The sound of those pickups, 2. The fact that whilst setting up someone's bass and answering questions Bernie overheard me failing miserably at trying to slap so he came over and tweaked the knobs saying "this is the best slpa sound" and the sound was f***ing gorgeus, 3. The bloke in general is really nice :)

[quote name='JackLondon' post='880414' date='Jun 28 2010, 10:02 PM']Cool, I completely understand where are you coming from! The bass obvioulsy isn't broken :rolleyes: Now having heard the electronics I'm truly blown away by 3 things : 1. The sound of those pickups, 2. The fact that whilst setting up someone's bass and answering questions Bernie overheard me failing miserably at trying to slap so he came over and tweaked the knobs saying "this is the best slpa sound" and the sound was f***ing gorgeus, 3. The bloke in general is really nice :)[/quote]

Anyway... yeah, it's the sound of those pickups AND electronics. The pickups just don't work without the circuit! It's only when the two are together, the package comes together.

Slap sound - switch down, treble and bass up, a little boost of mid, a little favouring of the neck pickup... instant slap champion. Makes anybody sound like a pro!

Bernie. He's one of life most gifted and generous! Hope everybody's basses are now playing as sweet as they can!

Only one solution for you dude. The future is GB. (and EBS of course!)

Edited by EBS_freak

[quote name='silddx' post='880211' date='Jun 28 2010, 07:28 PM']

All my 28 photos are here [url="http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa242/silddx/London%20Bass%20Bash%202010/?albumview=slideshow"]http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa242/s...mview=slideshow[/url][/quote]

Thanks for that silddx ! didn't realise I still had a 'bass face' ! - thought I'd solved it. Oh well, at least my tongue stays in now :rolleyes:

Nice pictures too :)

cheers

T

Thanks 'essexbasscat' and the rest for organising a great day.

Good to meet the rest of you guys too.

Luckily I have no more room for bass GAS and the 'Austerity Measures' are kicking in.

I might see some of you at the SE Bash if it happens

Cheers

Fran

Apologies for the delay in posting my Bass Bash pics, but here they be. Apologies also to anyone I didn't manage to capture!
If I've not remembered any names or other details correctly, please let me know and I'll be happy to change it.
Cheers and enjoy,
Steve :yarr:

[size=3][b]Mmmmmm, bass gear...![/b][/size]

[url="http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/100425120123585344146/BasschatLondonBassBash2010?feat=directlink"]Click here for more London Bass Bash 2010 pics[/url]

[color=#696969][size=3]EDIT: removed 2 preview photos (links changed)[/size][/color]

Edited by Stingray5

[quote name='Stingray5' post='880575' date='Jun 29 2010, 01:41 AM']Apologies for the delay in posting my Bass Bash pics, but here they be. Apologies also to anyone I didn't manage to capture!
If I've not remembered any names or other details correctly, please let me know and I'll be happy to change it.
The three collages below are just a sample. Click the link down below to view the rest.
Cheers and enjoy,
Steve :)[/quote]

brilliant work steve...do like the montage.

many thanks for posting them up :rolleyes:

[quote name='ahpook' post='880636' date='Jun 29 2010, 09:03 AM']brilliant work steve...do like the montage.

many thanks for posting them up :)[/quote]

Yes - great work Steve - good shots that definitely capture the nice relaxed vibe of the day - a lot of nice basses and bass people - was a lot of fun in spite of the stupidly hot weather... nice one people.

Cheers

Mike

sorry im a bit late to the afterparty, ive had exams to revise for.

sunday was a great day as expected. thanks very much to essexbasscat for organising, and netballman for helping.
thanks very very much to bernie for the talk and doing some much needed adjustments on my basses.

finally thanks to any anyone who let me have a go with their gear!

the pictures look cool as well

Jack