Why become a member? ×

christmas presents

mrcrow

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there is a Hiscox case inside. It's hard to tell from the photo, but I reckon it's a bass case and not one for guitar (that this is a bass forum helped me decide too). No idea what is inside the case, or if there even is anything there.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='693892' date='Dec 26 2009, 07:39 PM']Bit of a long shot bit is it 90's short lived American TV show Early Edition.[/quote]

I loved that. I watched the whole thing recentlyish and it was excellent, although it really went downhill - and rather quickly too. So excellent to begin with, then.

[quote name='JimBobTTD' post='693885' date='Dec 26 2009, 06:32 PM']I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there is a Hiscox case inside. It's hard to tell from the photo, but I reckon it's a bass case and not one for guitar (that this is a bass forum helped me decide too). No idea what is inside the case, or if there even is anything there.[/quote]
Very warm... in fact scorchio :)

[quote name='NickH' post='694136' date='Dec 27 2009, 10:18 AM']+1 to that. I got socks.[/quote]

I got two pairs of green pants

Also a day shooting some big cats at a place in Kent. Its taken my girlfriend about 8 years to finally buy me something related to my photography hobby.

Another 8 years and i might get some strings lol.

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='693749' date='Dec 26 2009, 03:06 PM']Cheers Pete - it is certainly is more impressive than I expected for the price. I bought it myself & after it arrived the missus gave me a wad of twenties to cover the cost instead of a frying pan over the head which I was expecting for buying another bass, so its a bit of a result all around.[/quote]

Tanglewood stuff is amazing...half the price and double the spec.

Well, to compensate for my families lack of imagination, I went out yesterday and bought myself a Marantz Dolby 5.1 home theatre sound system (new for a ridiculous $1500) and a secondhand Mitsubishi LCD projector I spotted in a local pawn shop (a steal at NZ$800 when the new price was US$6500).

All I need are a load of bean bags and Mission Set-Up-The-AV-Room will be complete! Whoop!

I can't understand why a locally made leather lounge suite costs $5000 though, considering the price of the sound system. There's no logic in that from what I can see. The price of raw materials in NZ is pretty expensive, all things considered.

[quote name='Marvin' post='694185' date='Dec 27 2009, 12:01 PM']I was surprised to get a Zoom B2.1u pedal from my lovely wife, great fun. Also got a new strap from the kids and, overall, I've got to say not one present I didn't like. Not that I got many.[/quote]
Sorry couldn't be arsed to type it out again

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='693584' date='Dec 26 2009, 08:52 AM']That's a great acoustic bass.[/quote]

I bought myself a Tab 2ce two years off ago off ebay when I decided I'd take up bass playing again and do it properly with lessons.
Its only now I really realise how good it actually is.Only paid a ton for mine,real bargain.

• 2 weeks later...

The Mrs very generously bought me a 30th anniversary Stingray for Christmas. She is a star! :) I have had the bass for some time though, as I couldn't wait until Christmas for it :rolleyes:

I got money from the rest of my family so I could go out and treat myself. A trip to Electro's in Donny saw me return with a set of Delano pickups for one of my P's. They have given it a lovely warm tone.