Why become a member? ×

Stupidly Easy Tunes Which Are An Absolute Pleasure To Play

Hot Tub

[quote name='simon1964' post='691733' date='Dec 22 2009, 07:13 PM']Great song, but its called "Rocks" - Our guitarist always calls it "Rocks Off", and I've become completely anal about it! Sorry :)[/quote]

I've always called it "Rocks" out of laziness but actually thought it was called "Get Your Rocks Off"!

Ah well, i was right all along!

[quote name='Huge Hands' post='691358' date='Dec 22 2009, 11:16 AM']Erm, I take it this isn't the live version with Willie Weeks you're playing to? If you're trying to imitate some of his fills on there, I wouldn't say it's easy at all! :rolleyes:[/quote]

Pretty much.
The studio version does'nt have quite the same effect on me but there's a cracking cover by Nora Noor on Spotify that's very good [color="#FF0000"]spotify:track:3s7UtQBAwzTtoYBEyGGxfg[/color].

I'm not note perfect on the live version but 90% there i'd say.The chord progression/feel is straight forward and for me it's a joy to play along to. :)

[quote name='Clarky' post='691349' date='Dec 22 2009, 10:58 AM']I always noodle "The Magnificant Seven" in warm-ups, actually very simple but sounds like it should be harder. Also "Rock the casbah" and "London Calling" are great and easy to play[/quote]

I've always wanted to do 'I'm so bored with the USA' and 'Janie Jones', but the others in the band won't do Clash stuff! :)

[quote name='PaulWarning' post='691454' date='Dec 22 2009, 01:12 PM']I thought this thread was stupidly easy tunes to play, no names but I get the impression some people nominate quiet difficult songs to try and make themselves look good, or perhaps I'm just a crap bass player[/quote]

Don't know about you, but when I'm looking for a rest in the set I start up Hysteria by Muse...

/jk

[quote name='solo4652' post='691385' date='Dec 22 2009, 11:56 AM']Free Me - Joss Stone. Infectious bass riff drives the song nicely. Easy to play, even for me.[/quote]
good point about the bass line,
but am I alone in finding Joss Stone well.....just more than a bit sh*te?
I'll get me coat.......

Edited by witterth

[quote name='simon1964' post='691733' date='Dec 22 2009, 07:13 PM']Great song, but its called "Rocks" - Our guitarist always calls it "Rocks Off", and I've become completely anal about it! Sorry :rolleyes:[/quote]

I could be completely anal and say I missed off the 9 from the other tune, too :) . Funny, isn't it - I get that way about some song titles.

[quote name='guzzibass' post='692280' date='Dec 23 2009, 12:56 PM']I've always wanted to do 'I'm so bored with the USA' and 'Janie Jones', but the others in the band won't do Clash stuff! :)[/quote]

Get a new band. Janie Jones is one of the best rock n roll songs ever. My favourite Clash tune.

Pump it Up - Elvis Costello

Always liked that and one of the first I learnt many moons ago I think my first Bass tutor 'Robbie Romp' (yes its his true name) who used to play with Captain Sensible taught me this.

Edited by J3ster