Why become a member? ×

How do you move?

Basska

Power Stance? Ants in your pants? Head bangin' rants? Skankin' dance? Sissy prance?

What's your weapon of choice when your on that stage slap, tap or pickin' away?!

Do you run around the stage like a headless chicken or do you keep you head down and let your hands do the talking?

I've seen 1000's of bassist and everyone seems to have they're own style
but, saying that, there are deffinently some moves that you see over and over again.

So, yeah... What's your style?

Chris

Edited by Basska

[quote name='Basska' post='688406' date='Dec 18 2009, 02:53 PM']Power Stance? Ants in your pants? Head bangin' rants? Skankin' dance?[/quote]
I vary between bored bassist and skankin'. On more than one occasion I've been told by a punter 'you look like you should be in a reggae band'. On one of those occasions I was in a reggae band. :)

Edited by EssentialTension

hahaha :)
I wasn't sure anyone would get that (I pressed enter before I meant to)
I'll +1 on the bored bassist or skankin'. I tend to sway allot aswell. I don't even know if i'm gunna fall over or not most of the time (i'm slightly top heavy)
IMO if your hands are moving enough it shouldn't matter what your feet do

Chris

Edited by Basska

chicken neckin' like a loon apparently.

Cant help meself.

That and gurning take up all the available mental resources after playing, so I dont move a lot (although I have been known to break out in beserk pogo-ing alledgedly (in a funkier track), no recollection of it myself though...

[quote name='Basska' post='688406' date='Dec 18 2009, 02:53 PM']Power Stance? Ants in your pants? Head bangin' rants? Skankin' dance? Sissy prance?

What's your weapon of choice when your on that stage slap, tap or pickin' away?!

Do you run around the stage like a headless chicken or do you keep you head down and let your hands do the talking?

I've seen 1000's of bassist and everyone seems to have they're own style
but, saying that, there are deffinently some moves that you see over and over again.

So, yeah... What's your style?

Chris[/quote]

solid no smile concentrate on music...see bill wyman

[quote name='thunderbird13' post='688450' date='Dec 18 2009, 03:32 PM']I pull stage shapes and most of the time I dont know I'm doing it[/quote]

:) Love it! I think this best describes me. I spent my youth perfecting how to look good and not practicing how to play good. It's been a battle
throughout my 30s to bring myself more up to speed with theory and techniques. Even with age I am a bit of a poser onstage but I think band members should be.

In my punk rock youth I was forever scissorkicking and I don't think there are many shots from the mid 90s where I actually have 2 feet on the stage. I've calmed with age. Here's me in Leicester circa 1996. I also tend to swing the double bass about a bit!

[quote name='Basska' post='688406' date='Dec 18 2009, 02:53 PM']Power Stance? Ants in your pants? Head bangin' rants? Skankin' dance? Sissy prance?[/quote]

All of the above + glaring sternly. Can't do the dropkicks anymore (knees are shot) and I'm so heavy now, rolling around on the floor is out. Can't get up without the help of two strong men.

Time The Conqueror... :)

[quote name='Bloodaxe' post='688547' date='Dec 18 2009, 05:04 PM']Could you PLEASE refrain from using such terms as long as you have that avatar![/quote]

HEHEHE I know where I would like to bounce :)

[attachment=38529:yvonne_s...ki_chuck.jpg]

Edited by Linus27

I make a conscious effort to be constantly moving and dancing, getting the crowd and the rest of the band going.
It's been heavily discussed elsewhere, but playing well is only part of putting on a good show.
Clothing and appearance, stage setup and lighting, how you move, and crowd interaction are all vitally important.

Plus I have the added bonus of not having to sing live BV's as we have a good selection of far better voices in the band right now, so I can go hit the dancefloor and shake my money-maker...