Why become a member? ×

New Fender Mark Hoppus Sig on the way...

wateroftyne

Does the pickup have the E-A coils in the usual position and then the D-G coils moved above them nearer the neck? Or are the D-G coils where the E-A coils would have been relative to the neck? Looks to me as if the D-G coils are nearer the neck than the usual E-A position.

I'll stop now before I confuse myself.

I have one of the original pink ones. love it!!!Don´t have another bass that sounds anything like it-even the Dirnt I modded to the same pup spec.
The pickup location and pickguard on this new one look very different. Read somewhere that he made similar mods to the one he actually uses. Think he reversed the pickups or something?
like the 70´s kind of headstock too.
Interested to hear what they sound like and how much more expensive they will become!

i like them both, but i think they're aimed at different target markets. take the white one, for example. i'd much prefer the white with the black pickguard atm, but i expect if i was twenty years older (making me the same age as mark hoppus is now) i'd prefer the white with tort.

although at first the pickup placement looked really wrong to me, its growing on me now.

[quote name='Wil' post='688404' date='Dec 18 2009, 02:49 PM']I like these. As far as I'm concerned that is the best way round to put a P pickup. I wish they had a better looking pickguard - where the jazz control plate would sit looks plain wrong. Love the seafoam green, though.[/quote]

plus the one...

if it had a more traditional metal jazz control plate...

and i know the p-pickup may sound better the 'wrong' way round...but it just looks odd to me !

[quote name='Wil' post='688404' date='Dec 18 2009, 02:49 PM']I wish they had a better looking pickguard - where the jazz control plate would sit looks plain wrong.[/quote]

see i'm the complete opposite, i much prefer the one piece pickguard, but only on the mark hoppus. i dont think i'd like it on a normal jazz, but it kinda makes the mark hoppus a bit more unique. i dunno why really, but i just think the one piece on the mark hoppus is really cool.