Why become a member? ×

Lodestone Primal Bass

sk8

• 2 months later...

Right, reviving an old thread.

Anyone seen/played one of these in the wild yet?

Seems Soundcontrol (according to their website) don't stock them even though they're listed as offical dealers in the UK.

However, [url="http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product.asp?id=7464"]Sounds live[/url] stock them at a respectable £799, which puts them smack on the level with MIA Jazzes.

I'm still interested and was planning a pop to Southampton SC to try one, but ah well, can't have everything.

[quote name='simon1964' post='122233' date='Jan 17 2008, 03:24 PM']I had a go on one of these on the Ashdown stand at the London guitar show last year. They look and play great - I'm just not sure I could live with that headstock![/quote]
No sign of them in the Brum Sound Control.

I can see the logic of the headstock, but I'm sure they could have achieved it more elegantly (cf. the Parker Fly).

Well, I just got an email back from Southampton SC, turns out that the basses are on the till system and they've just recieved the brochures for them TODAY.

They're going to email the suppliers to see if they've got any coming to the store then get back to me.

Looking good though, and I suspect they'll be instore rather than special order due to being an Ashdown company, seeing as SC always have a fairly large Ashdown stock.

• 1 month later...

IMHO, woefully overpriced. I think at that sort of cost level, they'll make barely a ripple. From what I can see, the Pro is a fairly bog standard alder body/maple neck/rosewood board bass with a bit of fancy shaping and a few flashy bits -- funky bridge, EMGs, oh and probably the most hideous headstock in the history of headstockery. For 800 quid? You could get TWO Spector Legends for that, and still have enough left for a dozen sets of strings.

I dunno if there are tow ranges, but I went to Ashdowns premises in Chelmsford and they had one hanging up, so I askes to have a look, and what a disppointment. You could get a bus under the strings the action was so high. But, setup aside, it just looked an average bass thats been mass produced in Korea. Nothing special. The odd angles are there just to make it look different. It just doesn't work. Sorry Ashdown!