Why become a member? ×

Epic Dilemma

Hector

Well, this is one of those situations where someone complains about their diamond shoes being too tight, or their wallet being too small for the their money, but here goes:

I've got tickets to see Tower of Power on Nov 21st, but have discovered that Esperanza Spalding is playing Ronnie's on the same night. Which should I go and see?

Bass player's answer Esperanza if you're a jazz man and TOP if you fancy a funkier evening or as Bilbo says, try and get two gigs in.

Shallow answer, put their pictures up side by side on your screen and choose the obvious. Sorry, but she is seriously fit.

[quote name='Hector' post='637000' date='Oct 26 2009, 03:52 PM'][size=2]Well, this is one of those situations where someone complains about their diamond shoes being too tight, or their wallet being too small for the their money, but here goes:

I've got tickets to see [/size]Tower of Power ...[/quote]
WOOOO!!! TOWER OF POWERR!!! YYEAHHHHHH

what was the question?

[quote name='leschirons' post='637024' date='Oct 26 2009, 06:18 PM']Shallow answer, put their pictures up side by side on your screen and choose the obvious. Sorry, but she is seriously fit.[/quote]

[quote name='Rich' post='637609' date='Oct 27 2009, 11:03 AM']I would go with ToP, but I'd be thinking of Esperanza :)[/quote]

Erm... Man what? There are some very good looking women musicians around, but Esperanza? Are you guys [i]blind?[/i]

Esperanza plays mean bass, but as she is belabouring under the misapprehension of her vocal work being comparable, my ticket money goes elsewhere.

inebriated addendum: I have known, albeit not carnally, shrews and dormice more attractive than ms. Spalding. Thankfully, the capacity to connect via a musical performance relies on factors not related to sexual attractiveness between functional members of homo sapiens and therefore the music of ms. Spalding may live on even should members of genus homo sapiens decline her advances come mating season.

jaysis am I hung over or what. sat down for a pint with some friends yesterday and at about 11 o'clock we were right pissed. didn't stop for 3 more hours though.

Maybe if you could persuade Espie to tie her hair into a pony tail?

Besides, I think I won: someone seriously took the comparison of a lady in her sixties (has to be?) to a woman not 30. I mean... That should be a no contest, really. AND IT ISN'T!

[quote name='nobody's prefect' post='639686' date='Oct 29 2009, 07:35 AM']jaysis am I hung over or what. sat down for a pint with some friends yesterday and at about 11 o'clock we were right pissed. didn't stop for 3 more hours though.[/quote]
Perhaps you should have stepped away from the computer. :rolleyes:

I recommend bacon sandwich, chocolate milkshake, large brandy - you'll be right as rain.

[quote name='nobody's prefect' post='639686' date='Oct 29 2009, 07:35 AM']Maybe if you could persuade Espie to tie her hair into a pony tail?[/quote]

[quote name='nobody's prefect' post='639686' date='Oct 29 2009, 07:35 AM']Besides, I think I won: someone seriously took the comparison of a lady in her sixties (has to be?) to a woman not 30. I mean... That should be a no contest, really. AND IT ISN'T![/quote]
:)

• 4 weeks later...