Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN Mesa Boogie 400+ WITHDRAWN

tayste_2000

Up for sale is my Mesa Boogie 400+, my reason for sale is I'm moving over to Matamp bass amps in the next few months and when this sells I can order my first one and use my Alembic and 2 x Strategy Rig I'm putting together tonight for live.

It is the older 6 band graphic eq model, which just means it has one less high freq band not that it matters.

So bit of history about this amp, it has been in the Basschat family for a while, having been owned by Kiwi, Ped, stewartmcewan and myself. Ped had it revalved about 4 years a go with Harma's, which since I had this amp serviced about 2 weeks ago are still working flawlessly, that's the beauty of the 400+ it's sooo loud you run it at like 3 and put no strain on the tubes what so ever.

I think it could benefit from the 12AT7or 12AU7 in the drive section instead of the stock 12AX7 as it's a bit gainy, which is great if you want it to be, but obviously this could be tamed if you are looking for a smooth clean sound from it. But this is a common tube change and some people believe is how the amp was actually designed to run.

It has lived in a shockmounted rack since I got it but this won't be included as it's 14u :) and will be holding most of my new rig.

It's in great condition, bit dusty, no chips or scratches or anything of importance to mention, I will get it out of my practice room tonight and snap some pics but these are very tough and robust amps and it's lived in an even tougher and robust case.

I'm after £800 for it

Not really interested in trades at this point

Cheers

Edited by tayste_2000

[quote name='gazgoldstar' post='635242' date='Oct 24 2009, 11:41 AM']Perfect match for my Mesa Boogie 1615be cab I have for sale. I used them together for a long while. See my ad on this site for more details.[/quote]

Yep - that's what I used with it!

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let everyone know I've decided to withdraw this, I changed the preamp drive tube and it's completely changed the sound.

I had a gig to do with lots of stairs so I took this instead of the super rack and it was perfect.

Now going Matamp on sunday to get a matching headcase made for it.

If anyone would still like to have a play through it let me know.

Cheers

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='673929' date='Dec 4 2009, 09:23 AM']I had a gig to do with lots of stairs so I took this instead of the super rack and it was perfect.[/quote]

I used to be young enough to consider that carrying a Mesa all valve head was not a big deal.