Why become a member? ×

The Cake Ray In Calorie Burst

ezbass

It was my best mate's 50th birthday party this weekend and Mrs Ezbass stepped up to the plate for a celebration cake. My buddy has had his 'Ray for 18 years and it is his go to bass, so I said to the wife that she should make a cake in the shape of a Stingray. It turned out to be a lot harder to do than expected, but I think it turned out OK and the recipient was well chuffed, so I thought I'd share the result with you. Yes I know the neck is short, but it just looked aesthetically better with a truncated neck.

Hope this is the right forum for this kind of thing.

[quote name='SteveO' post='629454' date='Oct 18 2009, 01:49 PM']That's great. Respect to Mr Ezbass. (Is that a removable headstock?)

:rolleyes:[/quote]
Yes it removeable as the board was only so big and the cake would not looked right any smaller.

[quote name='steve-soar' post='629459' date='Oct 18 2009, 01:54 PM']Congrats Mrs Ezbass, that's brilliant.
Neck profile is a bit chunky, did it taste nice?

Mmmmm, caaaakkkeee. :)[/quote]

Yes it was yummy, a Mississippi Mud Cake (chocolate fudge kinda thing).

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='629642' date='Oct 18 2009, 05:57 PM']Congratulations to Mrs ezbass! My favourite bit - the saddles have been properly intonated - not just a straight line :)[/quote]

That was down to me, I did help make and position the smaller stuff.