Why become a member? ×

Rare Precision Pr0n...

wateroftyne

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='629393' date='Oct 18 2009, 12:31 PM']I would, but I promised our lass I'd go to the chippy for tea tonight, so I haven't quite got enough cash. :)[/quote]

Give her a bloater paste sandwich; that'll keep her happy and you can use the change for the Preccy!

[quote name='bigthumb' post='629398' date='Oct 18 2009, 12:36 PM']Its stunning. I'm in love!

It only fuels my GAS for a '57 reissue.[/quote]

here you go:-

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-USA-57-Precision-Bass-American-Reissue-White_W0QQitemZ220492231501QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item33565c734d"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-USA-57-Precis...=item33565c734d[/url]

[quote name='Stacker' post='629427' date='Oct 18 2009, 01:09 PM']here you go:-

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-USA-57-Precision-Bass-American-Reissue-White_W0QQitemZ220492231501QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item33565c734d"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-USA-57-Precis...=item33565c734d[/url][/quote]

Lovely innit! :)

I'd love to have a go on one but I guess it'll be a long time before I even see one in a shop 'round here.

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='629639' date='Oct 18 2009, 05:53 PM']For £16k I think the 82-word description of the instrument and its provenance is a bit brief.[/quote]
It's from Norm's private collection. I think the seller (Norm, probably) knows he doesn't really have to bust a gut to prove it's legit.

TBH, I think the assumption is that the winning bidder will be in the US and will spend a few quid on a plane ticket to pick it up.

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='629639' date='Oct 18 2009, 05:53 PM']For £16k I think the 82-word description of the instrument and its provenance is a bit brief.[/quote]

Some people are just never satisfied, eh? Isn't it enough to know that:

[quote]all of the original [b]sodder[/b] joints still [b]in tact[/b][/quote]

I find that totally reassuring.

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='629653' date='Oct 18 2009, 06:10 PM']I find that totally reassuring.[/quote]

Yeah that's what i thought but it's just the way the Americans pronounce the word "solder" so i suppose he's just spelling it phonetically. Still wrong though. What i'd be more worried about is paypaling over nearly $30,000 to a bloke with 11 feedback on ebay. Totally awesome bass though.

Edited by EdwardHimself

Not really being an officianado of old instruments I was struck by the headstock logo as it looks so 'modern'. I assume fender have in recent years simply resurrected what was in fact a very old logo for the newer ones? I tend to associate 'vintage' with the 70's ones that have the block capitals Fender logo. Is there a link somewhere with a time line of when the headstock logos changed in style?

Edited by KevB

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='630191' date='Oct 19 2009, 11:19 AM']Yeah that's what i thought but it's just the way the Americans pronounce the word "solder" so i suppose he's just spelling it phonetically.[/quote]
That would explain my confusion. I've never talked to a US citizen about solder, y'see. Or sodomy.