Why become a member? ×

Little mark setttings off centre?

lojo

After gigging mine a hand full of times and reading various stuff here (&there), and knowing a few others who gig, and record live from them, I am beginning to wonder if there anyone who uses one who does anything way off centre with the EQ?

If so ......

Roughly what setting do you use?

Do you change settings during a set for different songs etc?

What music are you doing?

What bass and cab (or other effects) do you use the LMII with?

Nothing way off centre here with either my LMII + 1210R or SA450 + 1212L

Saying that i do find that since i got my DJ5 i use the EQ a lot more than with my P bass. Before i got the Jazz most of the EQ was flat, with just a touch of the filters. Now i find i use the filters less but adjust the EQ more. The DJ5 is quite a deep sounding bass compared to my other basses.
I dont fiddle with it during gigs though. Just set and forget.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='623832' date='Oct 12 2009, 10:58 AM']....Nothing way off centre.... I dont fiddle with it during gigs though. Just set and forget....[/quote]
Same here. I sound check with most controls flat, adjust the Lakland if I have to and just deal with the volume as we go.

I use my mates 2x10 combo and just plug in and tweak one of the filters and that is it...

I have pretty powerful EQ on the bass, but I like to run that pretty much the same as well... ie flat bass and treble and minus on the mids..

IMO, the best thing about the amp is that it is very easy to get a very useable sound within seconds.. and there is an awful lot to be said about that..

Who likes to hear the bass player spending ages getting a sound at sound-check..?

I'm usually very close to flat. I tend to add a tiny bit of low (really its not much at all, not even 5 mins past the hour) esp if I'm going to be sitting on the bridge pup a lot.

I quite often dial in a similar amount of VPF too, just a smidge, once I can hear it doing something its enough.

I hate too much salt and pepper in my food too.....