Why become a member? ×

Gig tonight but feeling poorly. Help me get through it.

Linus27

Got a gig tonight which thankfully, is only a 30 minute set. Been feeling ill all week and was actually off work Tuesday. Feel a little better not but still have chest cough, sort through, runny nose, aches and pain, headache, feel sick and no energy at all. Been drinking lots of water and energy drinks, plus ibuprofen, lemsips and strepsils.

Any other suggestions for a quick fix to make me feel better and get me through tonights gig??

Edited by Linus27

[quote name='Linus27' post='614686' date='Oct 2 2009, 12:21 PM']Got a gig tonight which thankfully, is only a 30 minute set. Been feeling ill all week and was actually off work Tuesday. Feel a little better not but still have chest cough, sort through, runny nose, aches and pain, headache, feel sick and no energy at all. Been drinking lots of water and energy drinks, plus ibuprofen, lemsips and strepsils.

Any other suggestions for a quick fix to make me feel better and get me through tonights gig??[/quote]

Are sure it's not Swine Flu? best stay ay home if it is.

I had to do a gig last with really bad flu and had asthma too. I felt terrible, got through the gig, but for the next few days I was f***ed, it really took it out of me. The gig is king though. Good luck mate, just eat lots of fruit.

Edited by silddx

[quote name='gary mac' post='614743' date='Oct 2 2009, 01:07 PM']Good luck with it matey.

I've been the same as you all week, with the added joy of shingles in the mix.

Got a gig tomorrow night, two one hour sets. Trying to practice today, but exhausted just sitting down to play.

Wish you well[/quote]

Aargh, horrible,, For shingles try this homeopathic stuff.. Worked for my non-believing dad

apis mellifica
lower potency 6x 6c 12x 12c
one dose + wait for response + still wait + next dose

Edited by OldGit

Think I'm over the worst of mine now but still working from home. Doc out Wednesday who confirmed it wasn't swine or bird just a bad virus and left a prescription for penicillin. That and the paracetamol seems to have got it pretty much in check, though as ever for me all I can drink at the mo is honey & lemon. Doc also confirmed that it wasn't man flu in MrsW's earshot. No comment as to whether it might be woman flu, which I am reliably informed by my drummer is the most deadly of all

Shortish gig tonight - 2 x 1 hour

Tomorrow will sort the men from the boys as it normally ends up running to around 3 hours total

[quote name='Buzz' post='614841' date='Oct 2 2009, 02:29 PM']Have a good poo. You'll feel a fair bit better.[/quote]
Just don't insist on it being at Paul's

Edited by WalMan

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='614848' date='Oct 2 2009, 02:41 PM']Cocaine? or failing that some whizz?[/quote]

Works every time.

I did a wedding gig last year with Gastric Flu. Any other gig I would've pulled out, but with a wedding you're screwed. I was shaking on the stage, sweating, and trying not to think about throwing up where I stood. Full 2 x 45 min sets with buffet and DJ sets too, I got through it, but it wasn't nice, and I don't remember much about it. Apparently I was slumped on the floor behind the stage for most of the night.

I'm told there was a bevy of beauties there for that one, and one of the band pulled too, but I remember nowt about the whole thing, other than wishing I was dead.

Does that help at all??

Been there and done that. Get that Beachams (spelt wrong, I realise) All in one stuff in a bottle.

Now, IF DRIVING OR ALLERGIC TO THE CONTENTS DO NOT DO THIS, but I have found having a swig an hour beforehand then regular sips over 10-15 minute intervals really helps. Make sure you're not gonna do anything daft like drink the whole bottle, but the key is keeping your throat lined with it.

Works wonders

Best of luck,
James

[quote name='Linus27' post='614686' date='Oct 2 2009, 12:21 PM']Got a gig tonight which thankfully, is only a 30 minute set. Been feeling ill all week and was actually off work Tuesday. Feel a little better not but still have chest cough, sort through, runny nose, aches and pain, headache, feel sick and no energy at all. Been drinking lots of water and energy drinks, plus ibuprofen, lemsips and strepsils.

Any other suggestions for a quick fix to make me feel better and get me through tonights gig??[/quote]
When manflu strikes, I always reach for my DIY lemsip... 2 tsp of runny honey, 2 tsp lemon juice, 3 disprin, boiling water, and a good slug of whisky.
Not overly convenient for a gig, true, but it always makes me feel a bit better.

I always feel better after a long soak in a hot bath - preferably a Tourettes bath (so hot you scream expletives on entry). Failing that, an opera bath (not as hot but makes you scream like the fat lady on entry) and if you're a wuss, a monkey bath...(sceams ooh ooh ohh on entry).

Bath hierarchy - there ya go.

[quote name='Rayman' post='614901' date='Oct 2 2009, 03:46 PM']I'm told there was a bevy of beauties there for that one, and one of the band pulled too, but I remember nowt about the whole thing, other than wishing I was dead.[/quote]

Was it you that pulled?

:)

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='614848' date='Oct 2 2009, 02:41 PM']Cocaine? or failing that some whizz?[/quote]

Would probably get you through the gig, but flu-like symptoms will be greatly magnified on the come down.

I swear by Contac 12 Hour Relief (Non Drowsy) capsules, contains pseudoephedrine, so don't exceed recommended dose!
Saved me many a time, when struck down.

Edited by nick