Why become a member? ×

Show us your playing videos!

budget bassist

8 hours ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

To put it mildly...

I only watched the start. Good playing from you and love that growling Warwick tone but i'm not a fan of that style of music i'm afraid. I can't understand or make out anything from the singer so no idea what the lyrics are. :biggrin:

Dave

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dmccombe7 said:

I only watched the start. Good playing from you and love that growling Warwick tone but i'm not a fan of that style of music i'm afraid. I can't understand or make out anything from the singer so no idea what the lyrics are. :biggrin:

Dave

Thank you but it's not me playing, it's @SaimoN.

As for the music itself, I've never been a fan of Cannibal Corpse but I listen to lots of other bands in a similiar style that I'm sure to the unfamiliar would sound exactly the same! It's refreshing to hear @SaimoN playing in a style not very common on here. Metal bassists unite!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Not the most technical of videos, but this is the sort of fun we have when playing 🙂

Tight as a gnat’s chuff! Good work there, Stubbs & Co. Shame the person behind the phone didn’t use it landscape.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/10/2023 at 12:57, JoeEvans said:

How do you post YouTube videos on here so they they embed properly instead of just showing as a link?

Maybe it's something to do with your browser ? I'm using Firefox, and I'm no techie, but all I do is:

Go to the YouTube video I want

Highlight and copy the YouTube address shown

Go back to this site, Control and V (or right click and Paste)

Press Enter. (maybe you're not doing this)

If that's not working for you, then maybe post your query again and maybe someone with more tech knowledge will be able to advise.

• Like 1

Just tried it on my laptop and it worked straight away, evidently something to do with mobile browsers... 

Anyway, this is my new band with my daughter on piano. I was really pleased with the double bass sound on this recording and the piano sounds amazing, a big Steinway in a space with a superb acoustic. Got a gig coming up if anyone in Bristol fancies it... https://www.headfirstbristol.co.uk/whats-on/el-rincon/thu-26-oct-sounding-seas-94150#e94150

Edit: Just been remastering the audio so here's a new version with greatly improved sound and a restrained vintage vibe on the visuals...

Edited by Joe Evans
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1