Why become a member? ×

I don't normally do this but.....

Sibob

That is just lovely - I'm getting a bit obsessed with sonic blue jazzers and the MHS is the icing on the cake. Now if it was bound and dots...

Edit: hang on...maybe it is dots and bound. Now if it had butterbean tuners...

Edited by lozbass

[quote name='4000' post='580345' date='Aug 25 2009, 03:44 PM']That is stunning, utterly stunning. And I don't usually like Jazzes! How much? Where? (Not that I can afford it currently).[/quote]
Hi, it's at Rumbleseat music in the US - I've come out in a kind of anxious sweat. (I'm off this week and will write properly later - my apologies for the long, long delay - crazy work situation!)

[quote name='lozbass' post='580359' date='Aug 25 2009, 03:58 PM']Hi, it's at Rumbleseat music in the US - I've come out in a kind of anxious sweat. (I'm off this week and will write properly later - my apologies for the long, long delay - crazy work situation!)[/quote]

Hi Loz. No worries, reply whenever you can. I've spent the past 4 days either lying down or squatting as my back's gone and I can't sit down; a major handicap in the clerical job I do. :)

It really is absolutely stunning, but £2700? Not sure about that. You can get a hell of a bass built for £2700. I think I'd be talking to Martin or possibly Enrico...or buying a vintage P Bass!

EDIT: (I dunno though, it does look raaaather nice..)

Edited by 4000

[quote name='Sibob' post='580553' date='Aug 25 2009, 06:42 PM']Well it's about a grand cheaper than a Alleva Coppola[/quote]
...but does it have a $1500 fingerboard though? :)

FWIW, I think its drop dead gorgeous in sonic blue!

Edited by Clarky

For me this bass just about justifies its tag (when you compare it to the alternatives) - I recently sold a Masterbuilt Jazz and the build-quality was as good as anything I've seen, though, clearly not as complex as an Alembic or Fodera etc. The real obstacle is the shipping, duty and tax - a realistic final price is something like £3450 (trust me, I've checked)