Why become a member? ×

What's The Cheesiest Song You Play?

Hot Tub

Don't talk to strangers (Dio)

God I hate that song, but the guitarist loves it and the singer loves it and it usually gets a good reaction from the crowd, and it's all I can do to keep pictures of jimmy savile wagging his finger out of my head when I'm trying to remember the changes.

Once finished a gig a few years a go with a funny covers band doing Lionel Richie's 'Hello' ...was totally perfect as our encore as we supported an AC/DC tribute band...you should have seen the crowds faces, talk about being as popular as a vegan at a hog roast... :)

Songs I've done:Right said Fred-Deeply dippy/Britney-one more time/Tenpole Tudor-Sword of a 1000 men/
Tainted Love/Echo Beach/This town ain't big enough for the both of us/Jean Michel Jarre ..Waiting for Cousteau
Samba version of I will Survive followed by a Mister Crowley lead solo...

I suppose the cheesy song were doin' now is 500 miles Proclaimers

Edited by RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE

This is a selection from this forthcoming weekend's set list (half-cheese removed for sanity)

LET ME ENTERTAIN YOU
WALKING ON SUNSHINE
IN THE MIDNIGHT HOUR
DON’T STOP BELIEVIN’
TAKE ME TO THE RIVER
TEENAGE DIRTBAG
I LOVE ROCK 'N ROLL
TAKE YOUR MAMA OUT
VALERIE
HARD TO HANDLE
DANCING IN THE MOONLIGHT
PLAY THAT FUNKY MUSIC
IT'S RAINING MEN
NINE TO FIVE
WE ARE FAMILY
I KISSED A GIRL
GO YOUR OWN WAY
LIVIN' ON A PRAYER
YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME
JUMP
SUMMER OF '69
LOVE SHACK

Probably Wonderful Tonight as requested by about 1 in 4 brides (must be a Kent thing!). Plenty of other strong contenders though - Angels, Daydream Believer, Hi Ho Silver Lining, Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You, Mustang Sally etc etc etc. It's actually quite theraputic writing this.

+1 for Summer of 69. I hate playing it but it gets the crowd singing along every time without fail.

Probably add Mustang Sally to the list. In itself its not cheesy but when someone comes up and asks us to play the commitments it kinda grates on me. Plus a very boring bass line.

We do "I touch myself" as well though. Thats quite cheesy.

[quote name='Tait' post='579609' date='Aug 24 2009, 09:58 PM']summer of 69.[/quote]

Happened once in a rehearsal - we agreed never speak of it again.

Probably the cheesiest we do now is Smoke on the Water. Crowd loves it though, and it really suits my voice.

A