Why become a member? ×

Attack Attack! - Stick Stickly

TDM

I can't stop watching this video:
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQVpITyOdc8&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQVpITyOdc8...feature=related[/url]

I don't know if it's the crabwalking, the jogging-on-the-spot moshing, the vocoder, the cheesy piano parts, the dance remix at the end or the fact that all the guys look like clones.

These guys have become quite an internet phenomenon, purely because of how bizzare they are.

Ahaha, I love the faux-techno breakdown in that, that's brilliant.

Personally, I think they should ditch the screamo lead singer and give the guitarist vocal duty, he didn't sound too bad.

Edited by Shockwave

[quote name='RhysP' post='563601' date='Aug 8 2009, 05:50 PM']They'll all need hip replacements by the time they're 40 if they carry on like that.....[/quote]

I think you mean Hip Hop replacements.
Then they might break into the music business rather then break their own necks.

Garry

[quote name='jmesa' post='563578' date='Aug 8 2009, 04:08 PM']Matey posts on here innit..[/quote]

wrong Attack Attack!

i read this thread on my phone on the train earlier thinking whats with the uber jipage but then i see the vid and it's not the welsh AA guys.

good god - has this music already become so diluted that we need matching outfits, haircuts and now ridiculous co-ordinated 'dances'. every other band we play with sounds and looks like this, although the 'need to pee' dance is admittedly a new for me. a step too far in the quest to be original methinks -

'attack attack. what are they like?'
well, they have chuggy riffs, and err, screamy singy vocals, and um they all have tattoos and really tight jeans.
'nope, not narrowing it down there'
ah, they jog on the spot and dance like they have 30 kilo gonads.
'oh them'

suppose it worked then...

Brilliant - PMSL!

Really cheered me up on a Monday morning.

Attack Attack seem to have been heavily influenced by The Mighty Boosh's Sammy The Crab when he had a stint as lead singer in The Horrors.

BTW- It's bizarre and really annoying how American acts in R&B and now .....(hesitates before actually using the word)....'rock' acts have just caught on to the sounds of mid 1990s cheesy Euro dance and now incorporate it wherever they can.

[quote name='alexclaber' post='565086' date='Aug 10 2009, 03:36 PM']Oh dear...

Why is there such a huge miss to hit rate with heavier music?

Alex[/quote]

To be honest I think this statement is true whatever type of music you're talking about. Vast deserts of mediocrity with just the occasional oasis of brilliance at which to slake your thirst.