Why become a member? ×

Keep it simple!!

guzzibass

[quote name='YouMa' post='531191' date='Jul 2 2009, 10:37 PM']Omar,theres nothing like this,simple and beautiful.[/quote]

I was absent-mindedly playing that in rehearsals last week and nobody knew what it was. Bloody kids!

There was a time when every mkII Fiesta's glove compartment had a tape with some Omar on it in there somewhere!

[quote name='YouMa' post='531191' date='Jul 2 2009, 10:37 PM']Omar,theres nothing like this,simple and beautiful.[/quote]
Yep, nice bass line - I've just recently been teaching that one.
Plus, in answer to the OP -- 'With Or Without You' (U2). Reeeaaally simple... :)

Steve

Albert Ross, sorry Albatross by Fleetwood Mac
Waterfront by Simple Minds
Dance the night away by the Mavericks

A lot of the suggestions in this thread are simple in terms of notes but really tough for beginners because of the note placement, groove or time signature changes not to mention the physical challenge of keeping going constantly for 4 minutes on something like Dance the night away.

[quote name='horribleman' post='531256' date='Jul 2 2009, 11:44 PM']Windowpane by Opeth.[/quote]

Awesome song. Best on the album possibly.

Anything by Pixies! Debaser, Gigantic, Where Is My Mind, Hey, all great simple bass lines.

[quote name='alexharvay' post='531732' date='Jul 3 2009, 02:39 PM']Most Kings of leon songs have very simple bass lines..... Fans springs to mind as being the most obvious.[/quote]

Yeah but it's a bugger learnin Sex on Fire cos the bass starts on the off-beat