Why become a member? ×

"Free Fender Jazz bass" on Gumtree. 2600 views!

solo4652

I saw this today:

[url="http://www.gumtree.com/london/61/40807561.html"]http://www.gumtree.com/london/61/40807561.html[/url] More than 2600 hits!

Looks like a Precision to me. I can't tell much more than that from the picture, but I'm sure you Fender gurus will be able to.

If the seller is who/what he says, I wonder if he could do with some advice and guidance about selling his bass? Would a friendly BC'er be able or willing to help? Or is it none of our business? :)

Steve

Edited by solo4652

I went round to get this bass from the guy - next thing I know I've woken up in a hotel room in Marseilles with a blinding headache, a sore arse and no recollection of the last 72 hours whatsoever.
Still, it's a nice bass though......

:)

[quote name='RhysP' post='531043' date='Jul 2 2009, 08:31 PM']I went round to get this bass from the guy - next thing I know I've woken up in a hotel room in Marseilles with a blinding headache, a sore arse and no recollection of the last 72 hours whatsoever.
Still, it's a nice bass though......

:)[/quote]

Sounds like the weekend i had in Amsterdam last week...apart from the hotel room bit :rolleyes:

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='531001' date='Jul 2 2009, 07:58 PM']If it's real, what a lovely gesture.[/quote]

Aye, sound as feck...if it weren't for the fact that i dont live in Chiswick, am as old as the hills and take 'untalented' to a new level...i might have taken him up on the offer.

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='531161' date='Jul 2 2009, 10:13 PM']This guy's gonna wish he never put his mobile number up there![/quote]

I did actually ring the number. The recorded message said that the message system was "full". Surprise surprise. I seem to recall that Gumtree uses it's own mobile number asa buffer between buyers and sellers, so it may not be the seller's own personal number. I just hope there's a good outcome to this.

I remember 15 years or so ago there was a local ad in the free-ads paper for a guy selling an 'old Ferder guitar' (correct spelling as per the ad), that had been in his loft since 1957 when his dad bought it; £50 ono. The seller apologised in the ad that the strings weren't all there, so the guitar would need a 'couple of new ones to be useable'. Needless to say when I rang at 07:45 on the morning of that weeks publication the guy who's phone number I rang was still quite jovial about the 'jape' his mates had pulled, "Nah sorry mate, it's my birthday today and the lads are having a laugh putting that ad in with my phone number"... by 21:00 that night when one of my mates rang, it was a case of, "f*ck off you stupid tw*t, of course I don't have a f*ckin Strat for £50, get f*ckin real, you f*ckin' d*ck head!". :)

That's what mates are for, isn't it? :rolleyes:

[quote name='erisu' post='531308' date='Jul 3 2009, 01:33 AM']heh, im gonna try giving him a buzz tomorrow, Chiswick is pretty much around the corner from me =)[/quote]

Watch your old deaf and dumb man.