Why become a member? ×

Bass Day UK 2009 (Royal Northern College of Music - Nov 22)

Gary

I'd love to be there but it clashes with the London Jazz Festival and a certain Mr Marcus Miller playing his special Miles Davis 'Tutu' tribute on the closing night of the fest (at the Barbican) - plus I have a gig the night before in Birmingham - a shame because it's a great day and well worth going to - please make it at the start of November next year... you guys have a whole year to book the next one! :)

Have fun all those that attend - it's superbly organised and is a feast for bass players of all persuasions - far too much nice gear and good players...

Mike

Hey Mike

Couldn't get it any earlier I'm afraid. We pretty much booked it after the event last year.
The only earlier date again would probably have clashed with Music Live which people complained about last year (not that it had much affect on us to be quite honest)

Was good to catch up last year. Say hello to Marcus and Bibi

Edited by Gary

[quote name='urb' post='598975' date='Sep 15 2009, 09:37 AM']I'd love to be there but it clashes with the London Jazz Festival and a certain Mr Marcus Miller playing his special Miles Davis 'Tutu' tribute on the closing night of the fest (at the Barbican)[/quote]

Yeah, I have the same dilema. I've got a ticket for the Marcus Miller gig too, but missing Adam Nitti just a few miles down the road from where I live??? Gah.....what to do??

I missed last years bass day, I don't want to miss it again!

Hey gary, we'll be coming down from Scotland as usual but we'll be needing to access the disabled parking at the back of the building. Any chance you could add a contact section to the website so we can book it in advance? The receptionist was a bit sniffy last year about letting us in without a prior reservation.

cheers

graeme

[quote name='jacko' post='600783' date='Sep 16 2009, 09:55 PM']Hey gary, we'll be coming down from Scotland as usual but we'll be needing to access the disabled parking at the back of the building. Any chance you could add a contact section to the website so we can book it in advance? The receptionist was a bit sniffy last year about letting us in without a prior reservation.

cheers

graeme[/quote]

Hi Graeme.

On the main Bass Day UK page it has the phone numbers for RNCM. Is that what you need?
Let me know if not, or if you have any problems.

See you there.

P.S literally a day away from confirming another artist. The main person in this band is not strictly a bassist but has played with some the the world class bass players and is an awesome musician himself. I am a great fan of his music myself and his bass player is great.

Gary

Edited by Gary

[quote name='alexclaber' post='599482' date='Sep 15 2009, 06:30 PM']My RIM Custom 5 and a few Barefaced cabs should be up there with Robbie of RIM Custom Basses, maker of exceedingly fine instruments!

Alex[/quote]

Alex, remind me to say hi and to hopefully try your bass (and any others Robbie brings) if you're ok with it. I'm rather GASing for a Rim but haven't actually played any yet. Oh, and FWIW, the Compact is an absolute godsend weight-wise!

Oh and Graeme, let's hope we both give the flu a miss this year. I don't know about you but I've ended up with something flu-like the last 2 times I've been. Sadly, I won't be able to wear my Alembic t-shirt with pride anymore seeing as I now haven't got one. You'll have to bring pics so I can drool over yours. :)

Edited by 4000

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Gary' post='523720' date='Jun 25 2009, 03:08 PM']BASS DAY UK 22.11.09
The largest UK bass event in Manchester city centre.
[url="http://www.bassday.co.uk"]Bass Day UK[/url]

Featuring:
Nathan East
Adam Nitti
Poogie Bell Band
Randy Hope-Taylor
and more!
(Check back for Performance up-dates!)

Check out the BASS DAY COLLECTIVE !

Royal Northern College of Music,
124 Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9RD

Doors open at 12.00, curfew at 23.00.
Tickets: £20 on-line / £23 on door. Ages 12 and under free !

For latest updates, programme and additional information:
Please visit the website: [url="http://www.bassday.co.uk"]Bass Day UK Website[/url]

BASS DAY UK on Sunday, the 22nd of November 2009.
All day bass extravaganza.
Enthusiasts from around the globe meet at:
The Royal Northern College of Music
Manchester city centre.

Bassplayers from all over the world come together.
Watch them showcase and demonstrate their talent, during performances and master-class sessions.
This years all-day event allows the public to meet world class musicians in an informal, casual setting, giving them opportunities to learn and gain advice from professional players.

Lecture Theatre Sessions
Here we expose a broad selection of musical styles, bass playing techniques and advice.
From students and beginners to professional musicians.
BASS DAY UK provides great enrichment opportunities.

Check web-site News for PRIZES to be won !!

Best UK Trade
Next to the artists, a wide range of top brands are represented.

Yamaha, MarkBass Amplifiers, Elites Bass Strings & Bass Centre, Music Man, Shuker Basses, Promenade Music, EBS, GB Guitars, Overwater Basses, A C Guitars, David Hall Amplifiers, East, Italia Arbiter, Ken Smith Guitars, Music Ground, Bass Guitar Magazine, Rotosound Strings and many more, take part in this event.

Visitors can try out the latest models of production as well as custom build
instruments, effects, amps at various stands over two floors of the venue.

BASS DAY UK 2009 will take place at:
Royal Northern College of Music
124 Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9RD
Doors open at 12.00, curfew at 23.00.
Tickets: £20 on-line / £23 on door. Ages 12 and under free !

For latest updates, programme and additional information: Please visit the website: [url="http://www.bassday.co.uk"]Bass Day UK Website[/url][/quote] i like what you have written
henry

[quote name='henry bellingham' post='620734' date='Oct 8 2009, 04:41 PM']nice bass does play well and where did you get it maid :rolleyes:[/quote]

Hey Henry, did you mean Alex's or mine? Alex has a Marseer by RIM. Ive tried some of their basses at the last bass day and they are REALLY nice.

Mine is [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=21386"]home brewed[/url]. :)

Edited by Mikey R

Im thinking of booking the day off to go but I will be on my billy.I may not bother unless anybody else is looking for a lift and some company.I live in between Sandbach and Middlewich so I could pickup within a reasonable radius of that area.