Why become a member? ×

Cheap studio racks

Alien

Just spotted [url="http://ikeahacker.blogspot.com/2007/09/hack-bedside-tables-into-music-studio.html"]these[/url] on the ikeahacker site. Really simple idea, and makes some pretty smart looking desktop racks.

There's some tasty kit in those photos too, including an AdrenaLinn 2 and a 10-string Stick.

A

[quote name='Mr Fudge' post='518110' date='Jun 19 2009, 09:30 AM']The problem is you will also leave with an industrial amount of tea lights, a toast rack and some of those plastic wedge things that maintain the shape of your shoes when you are not wearing them.[/quote]

And a hatred of humanity.

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='518222' date='Jun 19 2009, 11:32 AM']There's so much stripped pine in that photograph, it's like bleedin' Norway in there!

:)[/quote]
What - no mention of the porthole? :rolleyes:

The [s]fire hazard deathtrap[/s] pine cladding looks awful but is nice & dead acoustically. Besides I'd get evicted if I took it off...

J.

haha sod ikea guys, i just built my own desk (with a load of 19" rack units) out of some MDF, chipboard and plywood!!!

a couple more updated shots as well to show off my *ahem* "extensive" rackmounted fx selection. (actually i don't have any rackmounted FX it's just a soundcard and a bass amp lol)

[attachment=27402:P1010077.JPG]

[attachment=27403:P1010078.JPG]

:)

all in all it was about £35. My mum and dad were a bit annoyed about having to pay for the materials, until i showed them a desk with a similar amount of rack units that was £365 lol.

Edited by EdwardHimself

[quote name='Mr Fudge' post='518110' date='Jun 19 2009, 09:30 AM']The problem is you will also leave with an industrial amount of tea lights, a toast rack and some of those plastic wedge things that maintain the shape of your shoes when you are not wearing them.[/quote]

[quote name='ardi100' post='518194' date='Jun 19 2009, 11:02 AM']And a hatred of humanity.[/quote]

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='518222' date='Jun 19 2009, 11:32 AM']There's so much stripped pine in that photograph, it's like bleedin' Norway in there!

:)[/quote]

[quote name='AdamWoodBass' post='518285' date='Jun 19 2009, 12:30 PM']One of my favorite quotes so far!

:rolleyes:[/quote]

+1 :lol: Really made me giggle.

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='519356' date='Jun 20 2009, 03:02 PM']oh and speaking of "ikea hacking" sick of trying to attach wall mounts to the bloody wall(!) and i had a few chipboard screws left over from the desk build so...[/quote]
That's pure genius right there. And perfect for those of us who rent and can't be drilling loads of holes.

[quote name='velvetkevorkian' post='519534' date='Jun 20 2009, 07:54 PM']Is that a wall hanger attached to a wardrobe?[/quote]

certainly is mate, you got a problem with that? :)

[quote name='escholl' post='519544' date='Jun 20 2009, 08:06 PM']that is one seriously relic'd jazz bass. :rolleyes:[/quote]

haha check out my build thread mate!

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=40293"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=40293[/url]

Edited by EdwardHimself