Why become a member? ×

If there was ever a bass you wanted...

EBS_freak

[quote name='The Bass Doc' post='515451' date='Jun 16 2009, 04:39 PM']That was a Fender Jazz - with flatwounds on!!!

Read it in an old interview in Bassist mag many moons ago. (or it might have been Beat Instrumental).[/quote]

Ah now you come to mention it ... several takes on the Danelectro with its round wound strings, a few broken strings put the Danny's out of action (no strings available) and a final take on the Jazz.

I remember that issue as I found out that both My Generation and Wishbone Ash's Argus were both done on a Jazz when for years I'd has GAS for thunderbirds to get "that" tone :)

I've never been particularly covetous of other peoples' gear ( except when I was a kid & couldn't afford owt) but I have a soft spot for Dennis Dunaway's EB-0 Frog Bass:

[attachment=27220:dunaway_frogbass.jpg]

And his '72 Jazz:

[attachment=27221:dunaway_jazz.jpg]

I probably wouldn't play them - just put them on the wall & make occasional blood sacrifices. :)

Jon.

[quote name='funkypenguin' post='515998' date='Jun 17 2009, 01:44 AM']The Doodle!!! :)[/quote]

Nawwww!! Thanks mate!! t'is a corker!

I guess for me it would have to be Mr Deacon's 67 'TV script' P bass.

[quote name='MB1' post='516372' date='Jun 17 2009, 01:09 PM']MB1. :)

....John Entwistles Series 1 Status Buzzard Bass.[/quote]+1 but if you got it first les claypools ct on the video john the fisherman vodpod.com/watch/1159491-primus-john-the-fisherman

Edited by mikhay77

Lemmy's original Ric, the natural one with the walnut headstock wings and TBird pickup. That bass taught me how to play. I'm not even sure it's still in one piece. Either that or JPJs BecVar 8 string, with Chris Squire's Ric third.

Or Jamerson's bass, to sell.... :)

Very high up on my list would have to be Jamerson's P, Stanley Clarke's brown Alembic & Chris Squire's Ricky as all of these were massive influences on me, but all of these have already been mentioned.

The one I'd just love to have hanging on the wall would have to be Bootsy's original Space Bass and an early Mu-Tron to go with it.

Come to think of it - if I can add amps & cabs as well I'd kill to have even a nice replica of Jamerson's naugahyde Kustom tuck 'n' roll head & 2x15 cab, let alone the original :)