Why become a member? ×

P-Bass Gas....

Musicman20

My P-Bass gas has risen.

With the new range of USA Fender's, I feel I have to get a USA P-Bass. I have a Jap one which was my first 'real' bass about 10 years ago, but its my workhorse. I want a P bass in Sunburst! Standard 4 string, not sure whether maple or rosewood board.

But its that or some sort of 5 string. But im thinking USA P-Bass with flats! :)

What doesnt help is that now my post grad exams are nearly done, work immediately offered me more hours, which means more gear!

Take a look!

[url="http://www.fender.com/products/prod_images/basses/0190462700_xl.jpg"]http://www.fender.com/products/prod_images...90462700_xl.jpg[/url]

[quote name='Rayman' post='505667' date='Jun 4 2009, 06:12 PM']You could pimp the Japanese one with a nice new pickup.

Otherwise....just blow your stash on a nice new MIA and whack some Thomastic Flats on there, splendid.[/quote]

I would defiantly go for a second hand Precision over a new one and save yourself a few quid.

Not that I like Precisions you know! :)

How you getting on with your old plank Russ?

[quote name='Musicman20' post='508324' date='Jun 8 2009, 04:47 PM']Im thinking Sunburst with rosewood neck. Not sure why rosewood....ive never tried a P with maple...[/quote]
Why not go Olympic White with rosewood? I happen to have one FS! £200 off new price and only six months old. You know you want to :)

I love the maple both in terms of looks and sound/feel. Maybe a fraction brighter in tone than rosewood, but really, most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference in tone. TI flats fitted too, old school vibe in spades, no effects, just the bass, a cord and an amp, marvellous.

I agree...the feel of maple is much nicer...for me anyway. Im not massively bothered....but I think with my prefering a slightly snappier tone, the maple neck might be for me.

Awesome pics btw....they have made me GAASSSS even more.

Might take the plunge very soon....!

Hey guys

Right...so ive wittled it down to two colours....and I know these website pics arent perfect, and that sunburst can be different in reality.

Sunburst with maple?

Sunburst with rosewood?

Lastly...I dont think I should...as my Jazz is EXACTLY the same, but Olympic White with maple?

My head is telling me to go for Sunburst with maple....as I tend to prefer maple necks....only a tiny bit though!