Why become a member? ×

Fender USA 1975 RI Jazz .. GONE.......

bubinga5

Hello All...

Ok ive decided to sell this funk machine,..Most will know the score with this fantastic bass, but here are specs..

Ash body
Maple Neck
Maple Blocked and Bound FingerBoard
USA Single Coil Pickups
Microtilt Neck Adjustment
Bullet Truss Rod
Pickup cover and ashtray (which i have never fitted)
Will come with Deluxe hardcase with all the candy

I paid £1299.00 5 months ago..The bass is in great condition..apart from an unfortunate crack in the Urethane finish,.(.This does not affect the playing of this bass)..
from an idiot band member that REALLY PxxxED me off.......The crack as you can see is located on the part where the right arm rests..

Awsome slap tone, Fairly light....I wiill include the Grey shell pick guard that cost me £30, believe it or not, as well as the black

Im crap at pricing basses to sell..I will say £950.. Feel free to comment on this price if its a constructive one.....
will post or, if not too far, ill meet half way...

NOW £ 800 .........

All the best...A

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='bubinga5' post='498300' date='May 26 2009, 09:09 PM']Hello All...

Ok ive decided to sell this funk machine,..Most will know the score with this fantastic bass, but here are specs..

I paid £1299.00 5 months ago..The bass is in great condition..apart from an unfortunate crack in the Urethane finish,.(.This does not affect the playing of this bass)..
from an idiot band member that REALLY PxxxED me off.......The crack as you can see is located on the part where the right arm rests..

Awsome slap tone, Fairly light....I wiill include the Grey shell pick guard that cost me £30, believe it or not, as well as the black

[b]Im crap at pricing basses to sell..I will say £950.. Feel free to comment on this price if its a constructive one.....[/b]
will post or, if not too far meet half way...[/quote]

I sold mine on here last year for £700, I don't think you'll get £950

[quote name='GЯДИК' post='498859' date='May 27 2009, 03:13 PM']I sold mine on here last year for £700, I don't think you'll get £950[/quote]

Things change though mate so you never know?

I was "forced" to sell my stingrays for £600 each last year but since then ive seen a few go for around £750 or more!

suppose its all a case of what someone is willing to pay for it

:)

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='498871' date='May 27 2009, 03:22 PM']Things change though mate so you never know?

I was "forced" to sell my stingrays for £600 each last year but since then ive seen a few go for around £750 or more!

suppose its all a case of what someone is willing to pay for it

:)[/quote]

I hope you're right Chris - nearly sold my Ray4 last year for £550.

Oh and never mind the ding....lovely bass Andrew, though I hope you took it out of you band members head :rolleyes:

Edited by martthebass

[quote name='GЯДИК' post='498859' date='May 27 2009, 03:13 PM']I sold mine on here last year for £700, I don't think you'll get £950[/quote]

You should have held out for more...I bought one last year for closer to 950 than 750. Or maybe I should have bought yours... :)

Don't want to comment on the price (as I'm not buying its none of my business!) but I have to say how great these are. I have one of these - bought from Marcus (top bloke - and a fellow Sunderland supporter). These '75 reissues really are good - or at least mine is. Really tight, focused sound, superb neck and so good to play.

Good luck with the sale........

Edited by Son of the Wear

[quote name='Son of the Wear' post='498979' date='May 27 2009, 04:34 PM']Don't want to comment on the price (as I'm not buying its none of my business!) but I have to say how great these are. I have one of these - bought from Marcus (top bloke - and a fellow Sunderland supporter). These '75 reissues really are good - or at least mine is. Really tight, focused sound, superb neck and so good to play.

Good luck with the sale........[/quote]

Better neck than any of the Sadowsky or Lakland Jazz's I've owned over the last few years...

If you want to price your bass that low, thats your perogative, but the trick is to price high then get haggled down.. :)
Im not saying i will get 950 but its a waiting game..

[quote name='bubinga5' post='498300' date='May 26 2009, 09:09 PM']Hello All...

Ash body
Maple Neck
Maple Blocked and Bound FingerBoard9(
USA Single Coil Pickups
Microtilt Neck Adjustment
Bullet Truss Rod
Pickup cover and ashtray (which i have never fitted)
Will come with Deluxe hardcase with all the candy

Im crap at pricing basses to sell..I will say £950.. Feel free to comment on this price if its a constructive one.....
will post or, if not too far, ill meet half way...

I will consider trades for 4/5 stringers...Warwicks, especially Streamers, AtelierZ's, MM's, Bachuss, Gibson LesPaul, Pool Tables, Fridges, Cuttlery sets and a straight swap for a Ritter (ha ha only kidding) :)

Seriously show me what you got...I can add a cash adjustment if needs be...

All the best...A[/quote]

Nice Bass Dude,

All the best with the sale!

Stu

[quote name='bubinga5' post='499211' date='May 27 2009, 07:33 PM']If you want to price your bass that low, thats your perogative, but the trick is to price high then get haggled down.. :)
Im not saying i will get 950 but its a waiting game..[/quote]

+1

:rolleyes:

[quote name='bubinga5' post='499211' date='May 27 2009, 07:33 PM']If you want to price your bass that low, thats your perogative, but the trick is to price high then get haggled down.. :)
Im not saying i will get 950 but its a waiting game..[/quote]

Beware the pricing police are about (again)

Nice bass, all the best with the sale mate,

GP.

[quote name='GЯДИК' post='500256' date='May 28 2009, 08:49 PM']Pricing police? my perogative to price too low? None of you have any clue about me or the situation of my sale. He mentioned constructive criticism on the subject of price, I obliged from personal experience selling one[/quote]

It would be better to pm things like that rather than put them on the sales tread.

[quote name='bubinga5' post='498300' date='May 26 2009, 09:09 PM']I will consider trades for 4/5 stringers...Warwicks, especially Streamers, AtelierZ's, MM's, Bachuss, Gibson LesPaul, Pool Tables, Fridges, Cuttlery sets and a straight swap for a Ritter (ha ha only kidding) :)[/quote]

I have some 'vintage' sprouts from last Christmas with quite a bit of mojo, possibly penicillin.

I would love to buy this bass. Probably my dream Jazz bass. It's just too far out of my price range. Does not help that I have just had both cars serviced and MOTed, one costing £1100 and the other £600. I need to win some money as I would love this bass with a passion.

I've just picked one of these up in a PX deal and I have to say I'm really impressed. Great feel & action, really nicely put together. Much more flexible in terms of sounds than I would have thought from a passive instrument as well.

I love the everything full on' tone, again I was surprised they weren't some fancy aftermarket pickups fitted!

I'm not a real Fender veteran but this is by far the nicest Fender I've ever played :)

Edited by molan

[quote name='molan' post='507730' date='Jun 7 2009, 08:38 PM']I've just picked one of these up in a PX deal and I have to say I'm really impressed. Great feel & action, really nicely put together. Much more flexible in terms of sounds than I would have thought from a passive instrument as well.

I love the everything full on' tone, again I was surprised they weren't some fancy aftermarket pickups fitted!

I'm not a real Fender veteran but this is by far the nicest Fender I've ever played :)[/quote]

Stop, your not helping, I really wan't to buy this bass but I can't afford it. I am trying to sell things to get the money but its not working :rolleyes: :lol: :D