Why become a member? ×

What exactly did You did after Your last gig ?

Mine was a solo gig, so packed down my kit, took the most valuable and/or easy to nick stuff with me to retrieve my car, and then came back for the big heavy stuff. Got paid, said goodbye to the people who’d come to see me, and drove home via McDonalds. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bassbiscuits said:

drove home via McDonalds. 

I can't help thinking that when McDonalds were planning their locations, they took into account the routes musicians would take returning home from gigs. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bassbiscuits said:

Mine was a solo gig, so packed down my kit, took the most valuable and/or easy to nick stuff with me to retrieve my car, and then came back for the big heavy stuff. Got paid, said goodbye to the people who’d come to see me, and drove home via McDonalds. 

McDonalds is a dangerous thing for KG - up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, bassbiscuits said:

I’m being thick - I have no idea what that means!?

I am not entirely certain, but my best guess is that "KG" is referring to the official abbreviation of Kilogram (measurement unit for mass aka weight), and combined with the "-up" a reference to your weight going up, due to intake of McDonald's food.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

I am not sure, but my best guess is that "KG" is referring to the official abbreviation of Killogram, and combined with the "-up", a reference to your weight going up, due to intake of McDonald's food.

🤷🏼‍♂️

14 minutes ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

I am not entirely certain, but my best guess is that "KG" is referring to the official abbreviation of Kilogram (measurement unit for mass aka weight), and combined with the "-up" a reference to your weight going up, due to intake of McDonald's food.

You explained exactly what i meant !!! Applause!

• Like 1

After gig its usually a request for photos, then a quick change from Glam to normal gear. Pack up, load cars, if not already done get paid, jump in car and open a bag of peanut M&M's for the drive home. Get home have a coffee and 2 tea biccies to dook, watch TV for a bit maybe 30mins max then bed calm, relaxed and tired.

Dave

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

Which would work, except that the official abbreviation of kilogram is kg, not KG, which would be Kelvin Gauss.

Pack away gear - as I am also PA man, getting all the leads into the case probably takes most time. By the time I've packed up my stuff, the guitarists are fully packed away and the drummer mostly done, so they help with the load out to the car. Then home and some alcohol. I do drink some alcohol at gigs most of the time, but no more than two pints and quite often just one. I still get the post-gig buzz.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, tauzero said:

Which would work, except that the official abbreviation of kilogram is kg, not KG, which would be Kelvin Gauss.

Wouldn't make much sense in the context though, would it?

Beside I was right:

12 hours ago, nilorius said:

McDonalds is a dangerous thing for KG - up.

10 hours ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

9 hours ago, nilorius said:

You explained exactly what i meant !!! Applause!

Edited by Baloney Balderdash

Had a shower, smoked some weed, went to the afterparty, drank mead, cut shapes with some Hollywood darlings you know, drank more mead, smoked more weed, watched the sun rise from arid hills into the pink-blue hue of an LA morning (the strangest light).

Edited by Fionn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Fionn said:

Had a shower, smoked some weed, went to the afterparty, drank mead, cut shapes with some Hollywood darlings you know, drank more mead, smoked more weed, watched the sun rise from arid hills into the pink-blue hue of an LA morning (the strangest light).

Sounds like You are your band leader, also vocalist and txt writer ?🤙

1 hour ago, nilorius said:

Sounds like You are your band leader, also vocalist and txt writer ?🤙

In that band … a vocalist, yes, but neither the band leader nor writer.

THere is no before packing up gear. I start doing that, the drummer starts packing up his, the guitarist stands round watching, and the singer goes off to chat to people. Then eventually the singer comes back and puts the PAs in the bags and helps carry stuff to the car, around the guitarist who is still watching stuff.

Then I drive home and unload everyhign into our outbuilding.

Then I have a cup of tea and either watch some telly or read the internet to calm down.

2 hours ago, Fionn said:

Ladies and gents we have a winner!

Packed my gear.

5 minute chat with a few people.

Pinched a slice of cake from someone who had bought some along. (It was excellent!)

Drove home - about 25 mins.

Unloaded the car.

Had a cup of coffee and watched a bit of TV.

I think that was it. 

3 hours ago, Fionn said:

Living the dream in Outer Hebrides. Got friends in Northton on Harris altho i haven't seen them in a lot of yrs but have stayed at their house a few times when it was just a holiday home but they now live there permanently. Donald drives some of the local buses now i believe. 

Dave

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Living the dream in Outer Hebrides. Got friends in Northton on Harris altho i haven't seen them in a lot of yrs but have stayed at their house a few times when it was just a holiday home but they now live there permanently. Donald drives some of the local buses now i believe. 

Dave

Ha! Yes, I always travel far to work. No cutting shapes with Hollywood darlings in the Hebrides!

I’m in Lewis, so I don’t know your friend. I’m sure everyone in Harris does though … if he’s driving the bus.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Fionn said:

Ha! Yes, I always travel far to work. No cutting shapes with Hollywood darlings in the Hebrides!

I’m in Lewis, so I don’t know your friend. I’m sure everyone in Harris does though … if he’s driving the bus.

Lewis being the next village i just assumed you would know everyone in Harris :biggrin:

• Haha 1

Struggled to help lift the large 2 seater sofa from the side room to the area we had been playing in. 

Then, I carried my bass amp 100m home. I got into bed and didn't get out of bed for a week. Went back to work, but I was just going through the motions for the next 2 weeks. Can't remember much of the gig. I'm pretty sure I had coronavirus.  Took a month to recover fully. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2