Why become a member? ×

New AI generated BC jingle...whaddya think?

Kiwi

It is an absolutely dreadful as a piece of music but interesting to see what AI can do now. Not that that is necessarily a good thing or bad thing, but because the Basschat song sounds so generic and reminiscent of many an advert, one wonders if AI hasn't been churning out these jingles for years 🤣

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

All joking aside, that's better than anything I've ever written.

Not claiming to be God's Gift to song-writing or anything, and I'm setting the bar pretty low, but if that's where AI is at in 2024 it'll be fascinating to see what another five years brings.

For context, 30 years ago the Internet basically didn't exist, 25 years ago most people had no idea what a "website" was, 20 years ago everyone at my firm had a Blackberry and made extensive use of email, and so on ...

And 30 years later the majority of staff still can’t use the computer and phone their company issued to them properly :) 

After over 20 years in IT I haven’t seen much evidence that the average employee is putting up much of a fight to stop the robots taking over.

Edit: I can’t find it now but there was an AI created short film “starring” Will Smith and The Rock .

One year later it was recreated and the leap forward was astonishing. I’m not sure whether to be impressed or disturbed by the massive leap forward in such a short timeframe.

Edited by tegs07

If someone had told me that had been written and performed by a human I wouldn't have questioned it.

I might have questioned "why?" but that's not the same thing.

Stylistically it's on a par with the radio jingles and ads I grew up listening to in the 80s and 90s that were written and recorded by real people, even if they didn't always feature 'real' instruments.

Edited by Cato
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, SteveK said:

It's got "Hit" written all over it🤘

Think you may be missing a letter.

I don't fear for music; folk have been fearing for it all my life (remember how "home taping is killing music"?) and it's still here.  Yes, lots of it is shite, but that's what the skip button is for.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

But if I did volunteer I definitely could write, compose and produce a much much better alternative.

You can join us in the next month in April composition challenge

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Actually, i hear these type of jingles every day at my job place - on of the biggest mall of my country. The most disgusting one was with an old women voice singing at chorus - "because i ease You masturbate". It was overplayed every 15 minutes.

• Like 1

This is interesting. At the moment, it's not there as a fully fleshed thing (pardon the pun, as I know we are talking AI here), but I don't think that's really the point, the point is, this could be used as a really good jumping-off point.
Have AI create stuff like this, then a human change a few words here or there, add a chorus, change the arrangement a little … it's a lot less bother for some to do that than it would be to create a whole composition from scratch.

Just change it enough to be … better (by whatever objective measure you use as 'better'), and you'd never know that AI created this.
Someone could easily learn this and pass it off as their own work.

And that's what I find interesting about this. Not that I would do it, it's the possibility that this option offers, because you know some will do this, and we'd never really know.

Mark