Why become a member? ×

Line 6 POD Express Bass

madshadows

Looks great to me.  Pretty much everything I need in a backup or even flyrig type device. 

Sure, there’s always going to be things missing for most people (for me it’s the SVT4Pro model, pitch shift, recharagle internal battery and Bluetooth) but it ticks a hell of a lot of boxes. I wonder if future firmware updates will add more effects to choose from and maybe swap them in and out. 

Edited by Greg Edwards69
  • Like 2

This is perfect timing, just as I'm looking at the Line 6 range and trying to decide what would be best. I only really use a few sounds, and this looks too have all the essentials covered, PLUS no complicated menus etc. I just can't fathom why Yamaha didn't bring it to the Guitar Show last week, even if the official launch wasn't until yesterday? 🤷

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pineweasel said:

Awesome, thanks.

this looks great, I’ve been thinking about getting a HX Stomp for ages, but out off by the cost and the fact I would only use a small portion of its functionality

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, markbunney said:

Awesome, thanks.

this looks great, I’ve been thinking about getting a HX Stomp for ages, but out off by the cost and the fact I would only use a small portion of its functionality

I'm in exactly the same boat. I want a neat package with great sounds, but I don't actually need much, only a few key sounds really. 

• Like 2

I have been looking at the HX Effects to replace my Boss MS-3 but can't justify the £499 price tag.  This looks like it will float my boat for way less money.  Speaking of which, is this available anywhere yet?

• Like 3

I like the look of this a lot and if the synth sounds are decent then this could be a very neat box! Omitted on the sound samples clip but hopefully someone will preview it shortly. 

Another one for the watchlist for me!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

I like the look of this a lot and if the synth sounds are decent then this could be a very neat box! Omitted on the sound samples clip but hopefully someone will preview it shortly. 

Another one for the watchlist for me!

I haven't managed to watch it yet, but someone has done a longer video on YouTube 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

One issue with the Express is that the control of each effect appears to be severely limited, consisting of just the sweep of the effect knob through that effect's range, which "increases its intensity". What does that mean for, say, the OC-2 clone?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, TRBboy said:

I haven't managed to watch it yet, but someone has done a longer video on YouTube 

That's a really useful review thanks @TRBboy - thanks!

Not quite adding enough and gaps in its armoury like lack of EQ control means that I'll be sticking with my trusty Zoom B1-4 for now.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

No chorus and delay at the same time?

I THINK you can, because they're denoted by different colours, so are separate effects, just controlled from the same knob. I think you can only choose one of each colour band effect in each patch.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TRBboy said:

I THINK you can, because they're denoted by different colours, so are separate effects, just controlled from the same knob. I think you can only choose one of each colour band effect in each patch.

I don't think so, you only get to choose one effect for each of the four knobs, or you can turn that group off by rotating its knob fully counter-clockwise.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, pineweasel said:

I don't think so, you only get to choose one effect for each of the four knobs, or you can turn that group off by rotating its knob fully counter-clockwise.

Oh okay. I don't use delay anyway, so it doesn't matter to me 😅

• Haha 1

I think the detailed YT review that @TRBboy shared was super useful.

I felt that the most of the fx ranged from meh (e.g. the octave down was glitchy, the filter/synth nothing to write home about), passable (dirt) to decent (chorus / modulation) - be interested to hear what other folks reaction to that clip was or whether I'm being too harsh? Love the form factor though.

Personally I'm going to wait and see what bag of tricks Zoom have in store with the similarly compact form factor MS-60B Plus due out this year.

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 2