Why become a member? ×

2012 US Standard Precision Bass - *SOLD*
£949
West Oxfordshire

FinnDave

13 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Looks great Dave, if only regular scale basses were an option…

I'll be very sorry to see it go, but I can't play any more and despite the memories I have made with this bass, it just takes up space in our small house. 

I can't even manage the short scale Mustang any more. I've had a good innings, though, I can't complain. The guitarist I've played with for the last 11 years come over a few days ago and took the PA and lights away, so the final clearance has already started. My wife was very tolerant about the PA sitting in a corner of the lounge for the last few years!

• Like 3
  • Sad 6

11 hours ago, IanA said:

Lovely looking bass Dave, so sorry to hear of your health conditions… Sad times ☹️

Same here.

Good luck, terrific bass which would be mine if it was a maple board.

44 minutes ago, merello said:

Sorry to hear about your painful condition. That bass is a stunner.

Thank you, it has been the best bass I have ever played, it'll be hard to see it go.

• Like 1

Console yourself perhaps with the thought, as I did with my much-loved P bass, that it’s out there getting played rather than gathering dust and that you might see pictures of it on here in the future. 

• Like 2

Lovely bass. I had an identical one, from around the same era. It was lovely to play, and sounded amazing.
Really sorry to hear of your health issues @FinnDave sad times indeed

• Thanks 1

Sorry to hear you're having to give up one of your main hobbies Dave.

Fully understand your thinking and i'll do the same when the time comes one way or another.

Cracking bass too. I'm guessing its the wider neck.

Pretty sure it won't last long here

GLWTS.

Take care.

Dave

27 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Sorry to hear you're having to give up one of your main hobbies Dave.

Fully understand your thinking and i'll do the same when the time comes one way or another.

Cracking bass too. I'm guessing its the wider neck.

Pretty sure it won't last long here

GLWTS.

Take care.

Dave

Thanks, Dave, it's been hard to accept that my playing days are over, but in some ways it is a relief - no more load-ins & load outs, no more driving home late at night - I keep telling myself that and avoid telling myself it also means no more awesome jams with good friends. The arthritis is also affecting my ability to use the clutch & front brake on my bike, so that might have to go as well. 

• Sad 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 09/03/2024 at 16:04, FinnDave said:

Thanks, Dave, it's been hard to accept that my playing days are over, but in some ways it is a relief - no more load-ins & load outs, no more driving home late at night - I keep telling myself that and avoid telling myself it also means no more awesome jams with good friends. The arthritis is also affecting my ability to use the clutch & front brake on my bike, so that might have to go as well. 

Sorry to hear this Dave. I'm assuming you've tried all sorts of meds etc to ease it as much as possible.

Not much more i can say Dave.

Hopefully you will stay with us on BC tho as you have a wealth of knowledge to offer us.

Dave

On 09/03/2024 at 16:04, FinnDave said:

On the bike front, there are a range of options my make life easier. Conversions to all rear brake pedal for example. I know I am teaching Granny to suck eggs but different bikes have very different feels on the levers. My MTS has a very light clutch but the 750ss is like cracking Brazil nuts. At the extreme there are electric bikes with no clutch and massive regen braking making them almost roll on, roll off. I spent many years off bikes due to arthritis but have now found meds that work incredibly well. More than happy to have a chat if it would help. Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the suggestions, but I would find it difficult to adapt to a different way of braking, especially in an emergency. I ride a Harley FXD, I have tried other bikes since my last Harley (involved in an RTA nine years ago) and nothing really does it for me like a Harley does. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, FinnDave said:

Thank you for the suggestions, but I would find it difficult to adapt to a different way of braking, especially in an emergency. I ride a Harley FXD, I have tried other bikes since my last Harley (involved in an RTA nine years ago) and nothing really does it for me like a Harley does. 

Harley did bring out a mod of some sort that lightens the clutch lever. Can't remember the detail Dave but i did think it would make a huge difference as i get clutch ache on longer journeys on twisty or traffic in town.

Could be worth asking your dealer if they can help out ?

Dave

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • FinnDave changed the title to 2012 US Standard Precision Bass ***SOLD***