Why become a member? ×

He's back

Have a look on the 'Bay for "Telebass guitar by PCsGC with precision (42mm) neck width". For some reason, the link won't post here.

Another gem. I think my favourite bit is the demo' video, which, in addition to being of his usual high standard, is qualified by the following - "I am sorry that this video is a bit rubbish and a different bass of course, [my underlining] but it has the same tones and fast action, and does have the same chrome bridge cover".

The "calligraphy" is rather natty as well. 

Edited by Dan Dare
  • Like 1

His videos are priceless.  I particularly like the way he demonstrates the buzz unless he rests his hands on the strings.  That would be hard to describe, otherwise.  Still, it is a completely different bass so a potential buyer could only hope the telebass in the listing had the same.  

• Like 1

You'd think that if he's taking crap basses and trying to improve them, he'd at least bung some slug tape in the cavities to stop the noise.

Good to see the tuners are all jauntily set at random angles for people affected with elephantiasis of the fingers, but how would you best describe the shape the tuners have been filed down to for no good reason?

a) Testicles

b) Buttocks

c) Breasts

Some really interesting guitar improvements in his other items for sale section too. I thought they were all wonderful and then I saw the Rik. Loved it. Fantastic example. There’s not a luthier on here with an ounce of that man’s imagination. 

He has a commendably thrifty approach to his improvements, as may be seen with his two "Telestrat" guitars - one is a Strat body and Tele neck, the other is a Tele body and Strat neck.

There's also a wideneck EVH special (converted 12-string), and in the description he notes that he has now received the felt washers and has fitted them, as may be seen:

s-l1600.jpg

29 minutes ago, tauzero said:

He has a commendably thrifty approach to his improvements, as may be seen with his two "Telestrat" guitars - one is a Strat body and Tele neck, the other is a Tele body and Strat neck.

There's also a wideneck EVH special (converted 12-string), and in the description he notes that he has now received the felt washers and has fitted them, as may be seen:

s-l1600.jpg

Can't see the picture. Would love to see his latest work

I've now decided that after I finish my 3d printed bass ...

... I am going to give up all my worldy goods, throw away my shoes ands walk barefoot, I will give up meat, and strong alcohol (though perhaps a small cider on a Sunday), forswear strong drugs and carnal passions, wear sackcloth and rub ashes into my hair and then sit at the feet of this master luthier so I can learn the ways of guitar building. I am clearly a novice and not worthy,.

• Haha 2

I don't think thats a bad looking guitar. I'm unclear as to why you would take a 12 string to a six string, but hey ho.

It seems a nice looking guitar. No idea what it plays like, and I think he might benefit from a sales writing and marketing course, but if I was offered it for £50 I'd take it,