Why become a member? ×

Fav crimbo tune to play....

diskwave

On 17/12/2023 at 13:57, toneknob said:

Thanks for posting this. I leeched the transcription on Sunday and had a go at it tonight. Let's just say it won't be ready by the weekend...

OTOH, it's now well and truly on my to-learn list. It's irritatingly catchy and will be a lot of fun to play once I've got it under my fingers!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, lozkerr said:

Thanks for posting this. I leeched the transcription on Sunday and had a go at it tonight. Let's just say it won't be ready by the weekend...

OTOH, it's now well and truly on my to-learn list. It's irritatingly catchy and will be a lot of fun to play once I've got it under my fingers!

I'm probably leaving myself open to being flamed to death but...

A few years ago, I did a version of this and stuck it on YT. It's not note-for-note, but it was a lot of fun working it out and it's a lovely line to play. Persistence pays off!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 20/12/2023 at 12:49, rushbo said:

I'm probably leaving myself open to being flamed to death but...

A few years ago, I did a version of this and stuck it on YT. It's not note-for-note, but it was a lot of fun working it out and it's a lovely line to play. Persistence pays off!

That sounds great! I'm making s l o w progress with it - the verse riff is needing a lot of metronome work - but I'm determined to crack it. Might suggest it for the 80s band if we get a gig close to Christmas next year, as it's so nice and upbeat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't actively like anything in the Christmas song genre, but I don't have to like a tune to earn money playing it, so it's all good .

The Wham one is probably my favourite because it's really simple so I've never had to learn it or even listen to the original.

2 hours ago, uncle psychosis said:

As a Christmas treat to myself I learned the bass part to Santa Claus Is Coming To Town by the Jackson 5.

Killer line, and a lot of fun. Merry Christmas! 

I’m sure it’s probably universally hated on here, but the Springsteen version ain’t too shabby either.