Why become a member? ×

Soloking Roscoe Beck IV copy

MichaelDean

1 hour ago, Geek99 said:

The one I saw him demonstrate on a video was sunburst 

It did look tasty in sunburstWhen I saw him with Robben Ford at the Jazz café, he a a 4 and a 5 string, both candy apple red (IIRC), I preferred the tone of the 4 string. Also seen him with a Shoreline Gold fiver.

I’ve only just noticed that the Soloking doesn’t have a drop D tuner, so not quite an exact tribute in that respect.

Just now, ead said:

Do we know what those two switches do yet?  Are we thinking that they are the same series/parallel coil switches for each pickup as they original bass?

I would have thought so, can’t see them doing anything else TBH.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Owen said:

Let's face it, we have all been there. 

do not spend the asbestos removal fund on a bass, do not spend the asbestos removal fund on a bass, do not spend the asbestos removal fund on a bass, do not spend the asbestos removal fund on a bass, do not spend the asbestos removal fund on a bass, do not spend the asbestos removal fund on a bass, do not spend the asbestos removal fund on a bass, do not spend the asbestos removal fund on a bass, do not spend the asbestos removal fund on a bass, do not spend the asbestos removal fund on a bass, do not spend the asbestos removal fund on a bass, do not spend the asbestos removal fund on a bass, do not spend the asbestos removal fund on a bass...

(we bought a house, it needs a lot of work. It's full of asbestos that needs to come out first :( )

5 hours ago, ezbass said:

I would have thought so, can’t see them doing anything else TBH.

They are three way; series /parallel /single coil on the original RB

if it had blocks I might be tempted

Edited by Geek99
  • Thanks 1

Had blue one in my basket twice in 48 hours.

I can’t do it - I know I’d fawn for a few days and then decide I don’t need it.

Anyhow…

Something else is coming for a visit to see if it’s the right “glass slipper” for this particular Cinderella. And it’s a proper “meet your hero” moment.

So, Soloking…close but no cigar.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, wingnutkj said:

Phew!  It's got a Tele-style "cup" jack socket, which don't work with L-shaped jacks very well. Total deal-breaker, GAS averted.

Just change it to a flat plate.  Easy mod.

GAS reinstated :), you're welcome.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ead said:

Just change it to a flat plate.  Easy mod.

GAS reinstated :), you're welcome.

...and it looks like the pickguard's too much of a cream colour for me. Phew!

(Actually giving this one serious consideration. I had given up on ever being able to get a Fender Roscoe Beck IV, and at that price, this looks too good to miss out on.)

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

Earlpilanz on ebay will sort you out with one in any colour you like for not much dosh.

GAS reinstated again :), you're welcome!

It's like you've read my mind - I've bought a few things from Brian over the years, and he's even dropped them off at my office in person.