Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Three10 Teaser: Anybody Know More?

Obrienp

3 hours ago, Acebassmusic said:

Interesting choice to have the tweeter control opposite to most other audio controls ie: clockwise= more and anticlockwise = less. Wonder why? 🤔

Perhaps they have an ex Sadowsky employee working for them

Edited by E sharp
  • Haha 3

I would be interested to know how the crossover works with the main drivers. In the Two10, mids and highs go to one driver and bass frequencies to the other. In the Three10, is it treble to one, mids to one and bass to one? The blurb on the BF website doesn’t say.

1 hour ago, pineweasel said:

It’s the crossover frequency, so the lower the setting, the more HF signal goes to the tweeter

The crossover frequency should remain constant.

I would think that since it's intended for vertical placement that all three woofers would be full range. BTW, in the 210/410/610 all the drivers receive bass content. Half of them are low passed, so those don't receive upper mids and highs. It's what's known as an x.5 alignment. I mentioned it to Alex nearly 20 years ago as being how all 410s, 610s and 810s should be run. He obviously took my advice.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Bill Fitzmaurice said:

The crossover frequency should remain constant.

I would think that since it's intended for vertical placement that all three woofers would be full range. BTW, in the 210/410/610 all the drivers receive bass content. Half of them are low passed, so those don't receive upper mids and highs. It's what's known as an x.5 alignment. I mentioned it to Alex nearly 20 years ago as being how all 410s, 610s and 810s should be run. He obviously took my advice.

Thanks for the clarification. So no low pass filter on the Three10.

Everything's going up except my wages.

The Two10 price seems to have gone up by £100 since a week ago. Last time they did that there was a little warning in case people were about to buy. Ultimately it's their business and they can do whatever they want, I'm just a bit disappointed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Alfie said:

Everything's going up except my wages.

The Two10 price seems to have gone up by £100 since a week ago. Last time they did that there was a little warning in case people were about to buy. Ultimately it's their business and they can do whatever they want, I'm just a bit disappointed.

Have a look at @stevie's LFSys Monza. You will save a bit too.

• Like 2

On 11/12/2023 at 20:07, Chienmortbb said:

Have a look at @stevie's LFSys Monza. You will save a bit too.

Thanks for mentioning that. I had never heard of LFSys before. A bit of research and I found quite a few posts on BC from a few months ago. That does open up the options a bit. The only thing that slightly bothers me from the reviews,  is the lack of out and out bottom end. I have never had that problem with a BF cab. However, the ability to hear yourself, even when right on top of the LFSys cab, is a huge plus point.

• Like 1

The Barefaced 10 range  are deliberately coloured, sound wise. The LFSys cabs tend to have a substantially flat response, what you put in, you get out. 

I have gigged Silverstone and Monaco. The Silverstone has more bass but in most venues, I was cutting the bass on the amp or in a pedal to tame the boom. The Monaco, on first hearing and coming from the Silverstone seems a tad bass light but it has plenty where you need it. The difference is subtle but I rarely touch the EQ when using my Monaco, leaving the amp set flat. I believe that the Monaco (and 10”Monza) actually go lower than the Silverstone

I would happily gig either but is the transition from Barefaced 10s to might be a little easier with the Silverstone, sound wise. I am seriousley thinking of the newer 10” Monza ( should it be Monzter?). 

Similar to the Monaco but in a lighter 10” version. You lose a little in sensitivity but as I use it with  amps that can push 350+ watts into 8 ohms, that would not be a problem. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Obrienp said:

. . . . The only thing that slightly bothers me from the reviews,  is the lack of out and out bottom end. I have never had that problem with a BF cab. However, the ability to hear yourself, even when right on top of the LFSys cab, is a huge plus point.

I heard several LFSys cabs at the SE Bass Bash. IMO they are worth investigating.

There is no "lack of bottom end". There is plenty of bass but it is tightly controlled which eliminates much of the boom and woolliness you get on many gigs.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, chris_b said:

I heard several LFSys cabs at the SE Bass Bash. IMO they are worth investigating.

There is no "lack of bottom end". There is plenty of bass but it is tightly controlled which eliminates much of the boom and woolliness you get on many gigs.

Yep. That massive low end may sound good in isolation and at low/practice/studio volumes, but use it in a live situation and it's usually mud city. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Obrienp said:

Thanks for mentioning that. I had never heard of LFSys before. A bit of research and I found quite a few posts on BC from a few months ago. That does open up the options a bit. The only thing that slightly bothers me from the reviews,  is the lack of out and out bottom end. I have never had that problem with a BF cab. However, the ability to hear yourself, even when right on top of the LFSys cab, is a huge plus point.

I a/b’d the lfsys cabs against my bb2 barefaced at the recent south east bass bash going through my puma 900 which I pretty much always leave set flat.They sounded clearer and more balanced to me.As much I I love the bb2, I preferred the lfsys cabs , especially taken by the little 10” bugger.obviously it wasn’t a gig situation but as Chris mentioned, too much bottom end doesn’t usually translate to a successful overall sound.They had the low end, it was just nice, tight and controlled. 

Edited by tubbybloke68
  • Like 2