Why become a member? ×

Music for the heart -> Lovesongs through all time

Guest eloisa

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vMTEtDBHGY4?si=Q91Ixf25CxGrgS6a" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I tried to embed but got this. Help please

Edited by lonestar

Another miseryguts masterpiece. Cry, damn you, cry!

31 minutes ago, lonestar said:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vMTEtDBHGY4?si=Q91Ixf25CxGrgS6a" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I tried to embed but got this. Help please

'Ere we go:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, eloisa said:

Peter Sarstedt - Where Do You Go To My Lovely (1969)

I chose this last year for my 94 year old aunt's funeral - she used to holiday in the South of France in the 50s through to the early 70s when foreign travel was unheard of for most of us. Very cool song.

8 hours ago, leschirons said:

The look of love. Beautiful song, beautifully sung.

Her delivery was sublime. The story behind the recording of Dusty in Memphis is well worth looking up if you don't already know it. And this track from that album is a favourite - check out the snare accent, on the two every second bar. Makes the song move beautifully.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mykesbass said:

Her delivery was sublime. The story behind the recording of Dusty in Memphis is well worth looking up if you don't already know it. And this track from that album is a favourite - check out the snare accent, on the two every second bar. Makes the song move beautifully.

Yup, Dusty was a one off. Always been a fan of her, but singing this song in particular, and gone are the days when all a solo had to do was mimic the vocal melody line. Same as on Girl from Ipanema, understated, but so perfect.

Edited by leschirons
  • Like 1

Another amazing love song by Syd Barrett, but this time a really beautiful and not silly at all one (first take guitar solo by the way, by Syd as well, that fitted in perfectly when played back and in reverse, which gives is a unique haunting quality that fits the track perfectly), from his second solo album :

Edited by Baloney Balderdash