Why become a member? ×

NAD Hartke HA 3500

police squad

Picked this up today. Ebay 125 quid and local collection

Flight cased its whole life

This is the 3rd one of these I've had.

This is for when my wife decides to start gigging again. She doesn't really like my Ashdown RM500.

She has done hundreds of gigs with one of these and knows how to get a good sound from it

20230929_123836.jpg

• Like 8

I keep wondering whether to get one new while I still can, so that when I start to feel nostalgic for my first amp head (ok.. it was a HA2000 but near enough) I can take it out for a rehearsal and remind myself how light it wasn't. I did like that amp, though - it sounded good and for 120W into a nothing-special 8ohm 4x10 it was amazingly loud.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ed_S said:

I keep wondering whether to get one new while I still can, so that when I start to feel nostalgic for my first amp head (ok.. it was a HA2000 but near enough) I can take it out for a rehearsal and remind myself how light it wasn't. I did like that amp, though - it sounded good and for 120W into a nothing-special 8ohm 4x10 it was amazingly loud.

I'll be honest, I dont think it's that heavy. Sure it's not class D weight but it's certainly manageble

36 minutes ago, police squad said:

I'll be honest, I dont think it's that heavy. Sure it's not class D weight but it's certainly manageble

Oh aye, they’re fine in the grand scheme of things - I’ve just grown so used to the car-stereo sized varieties that anything any bigger or heavier seems quite novel. 

1 minute ago, police squad said:

agreed mate. I love the small and light gear.

My mrs is made up with it though

That’s the main thing! Mine thoughtfully saved me the effort of buying anything specifically for her… and just nicked my little Markbass 801 combo! 🙂

• Haha 1

I had one for a short time. I found it to be a fair amp but not suitable for my needs. I traded it to a friend for a Peavey 400 amp. I shipped that to a young bass player, at my cost. Sadly he never responded to say that he received it. :(

Edited by BassmanPaul
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Minininjarob said:

I played in a rehearsal room last week and it had a 450w version of that amp running into a 4x10 and a 1x15, holy crap it was brutally powerful, couldn’t turn it up more than 1 out of 10 and it sounded fantastic. I’m now looking for one second hand!

Probably the HA5500 model, 500 watts into 4 ohms.

Don’t know your location, but Rich Tone Music in Sheffield currently have a s/h one in stock for £179.

😊

I gigged one of these for years and I've probably never sounded better than through my old Hartke, though memory does play tricks of course. I loved having the graphic and the contour controls worked well too.

It's still up in the loft I probably ought to pass it on to someone who will use it.

• Like 3

On 18/10/2023 at 21:50, Phil Starr said:

I gigged one of these for years and I've probably never sounded better than through my old Hartke, though memory does play tricks of course. I loved having the graphic and the contour controls worked well too.

It's still up in the loft I probably ought to pass it on to someone who will use it.

I’m a novice player and I really liked it, the EQ seemed useful and the other adjustments seemed to be able to make the sound into whatever you needed. Very nicely made. 
I have a small combo at the moment and want to get a proper rig and this seems like a good option but they do seem to go for a decent price. 
Kinda thinking of running one into a modern lightweight 2x10 cab for a start but it depends what I can afford!! (very little at the moment!)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Minininjarob said:

I’m a novice player and I really liked it, the EQ seemed useful and the other adjustments seemed to be able to make the sound into whatever you needed. Very nicely made. 
I have a small combo at the moment and want to get a proper rig and this seems like a good option but they do seem to go for a decent price. 
Kinda thinking of running one into a modern lightweight 2x10 cab for a start but it depends what I can afford!! (very little at the moment!)

They are extremely flexible amps with blendable 12ax7 valve and solid state preamps, usable compressor, 30Hz slider which works as a half decent high pass filter removing sub bass that can damage speakers, great graphic section and quick overall adjustment hi and low tone controls. Two possible negatives are the old school weight and noisy cooling fan.