Why become a member? ×

How do we get rid of the 'Privacy' tab that's now appeared??

binky_bass

Question

Again, there's no 'reject cookies' button, and for the layman, no concise and clear instruction on how to reject cookies which continues to be disappointing and not in line with what I believe are our collective basschat morales, but it is an improvement at least on the 'Got It' we had before...

However, I am now seeing a tab on the left had side of every basschat page I navigate to that says 'Privacy'. How do I get rid of this? It might be minor, but having it follow me everywhere on the site is completely unnecessary and quite annoying.

Screenshot_20230927_092201_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.171ad0de53582e247366e79934e6eb5b.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwi said:

Thank you.  As much as I would love to be cast as the hero, I'm feeling seriously whizzed off frustrated that things aren't turning out in the way they were supposed to.  It's not due to a lack of care on my part, this is why I wanted to trial things rather than impose a change.  I'm feeling pretty grateful that everyone has offered constructive feedback and some understanding.

This must be super annoying for you, probably way more than it is for us. I’m grateful that the admin team listens to the membership’s concerns, even if we do somewhat hot under the collar. 

• Like 1

On 27/09/2023 at 18:02, Bassybert said:

I had them all deselected but as I was checking the enormous list of companies in the Vendor List the save and exit button moved and I inadvertently clicked on the continue with recommended cookies button. So now I have a huge list of boxes ticked with no easy way to disable them except to clear all my cookies and have to log back in. Again. 

The attempts to monetise this site from guest visits whilst simultaneously peeving off paid members is not something I’m enjoying. 

Not to keep flogging a dead horse as it sounds like the Ezoics experiment is over, but since I accidentally clicked on the continue with recommended cookies button I’ve had a marked increase in spam coming into to my email account. 

Coincidence?

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Bassybert said:

Not to keep flogging a dead horse as it sounds like the Ezoics experiment is over, but since I accidentally clicked on the continue with recommended cookies button I’ve had a marked increase in spam coming into to my email account. 

Coincidence?

I suspect not. Reading a fair chunk of the 'fine print' by clicking accept you've given them licence to access anything and everything they can gleam from you and can now sell it all to a myriad of different, mostly nefarious, companies. 

• Sad 1

On 29/09/2023 at 20:55, Bassybert said:

Coincidence?

On 29/09/2023 at 20:59, binky_bass said:

I suspect not. Reading a fair chunk of the 'fine print' by clicking accept you've given them licence to access anything and everything they can gleam from you and can now sell it all to a myriad of different, mostly nefarious, companies. 

Eeek. I did the same... just checked my spam folder and it's buisness as usual. 🙅‍♀️