Why become a member? ×

My album is out today!!!!

Cat Burrito

Having made music with my friend Nick since 1989 (first proper band / gig together), we've finally made an album. No hard sell but if anyone wants to check it out for free on Spotify / Amazon / whatever your preferred streaming platform is, "...Beyond Reverence" by Deadlight Dance is out today. Probably filed best under 80s Goth but it has enough layers to hold the interests of anyone who isn't expecting "Mega Party Mix Anthems 37". 

Of course I played bass on it but I also co-wrote all the originals, co-produced, co-arranged... as well as doing some mandolin, electric drums, acoustic drums, singing and Bass VI. 

enigmatic-date.thumb.jpg.5e79b0d84d486a5fb2a4b3a9233cb726.jpg

If anyone is REALLY keen, search us out on Bandcamp and support the band but I'm certainly happy with a few of you checking us out. This was only supposed to be one jam once lockdown restrictions eased! 

We're performing the album acoustically on mandocellos (as you do!)

Sat 16 Sept - SWINDON Shuffle onstage at The Beehive in Old Town at 7.15pm

Thurs 21 Sept - MILDENHALL, WILTS The Horseshoe

Sat 23 Sept BATH Chapter 22 (supporting Ghost Dance). 

beyond-reverence-front-cover-socials.jpg.56b358f1138853e835c82f31aab0302e.jpg

And any follows across any of the social media platforms is always appreciated. 

JRHArtley.thumb.jpg.8ab607cb3788880800dd23fab1f1748f.jpg

• Like 32
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Oopsdabassist said:

Listening now, very impressed, kinda Fields of the Nephelim meets dark Depeche Mode, love it!!

We've had Sisters or Bauhaus meets Depeche Mode before and Nephilim all suggested before. Funny thing was neither of us knew DM *that* well but we've been really getting into them since the comparison. 

2 hours ago, madshadows said:

Listened to the track available on Bandcamp and it's great :D 

John 😎

Cool. I'm pleased you posted as I thought Bandcamp updated automatically and it turned out they don't! I manually put it to live. 

2 hours ago, floFC said:

Liking it a lot. I’d go and see you if you play in London or Nottingham.

We're doing the All That Is Devine IV next March (30th)  in Camden at The Fiddlers Elbow. We're opening a great bill. 

1 hour ago, BigRedX said:

Excellent stuff!

I see from Bandcamp there's going to be a limited edition CD. Do you have a release date yet?

Today. I have shipped around 25 a bit early so it's out now. I had to manually change the settings to reflect this, but hadn't done so at the time of posting.

44 minutes ago, markbunney said:

Congrats, that's really cool to have an album released.

I gave it a listen and It reminds me of Paradise Lost in their One Second/Host era

I only knew Paradise Lost as a metal band but checked that out (both wikipedia and Spotify. Looks like they had a phase of playing in a similar style - the points of reference are the same as us! 

Genuinely humbled that so many of you have taken time to check us out and in a lot of cases, comment too! 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Cat Burrito said:

I only knew Paradise Lost as a metal band but checked that out (both wikipedia and Spotify. Looks like they had a phase of playing in a similar style - the points of reference are the same as us! 

They are two great albums, and along with Draconian Times are well worth a detailed listed. I loved all three of them when they came out and listened to them to death. After Host, PL seemed to go back to the heavier/doom stuff.

When Host came out, I was at uni in Sheffield and won a ticket to see them in Leeds but couldn't make it as it was end of term the day after and had nowhere to stay the night. I always regretted not being able to make it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cat Burrito said:

Having made music with my friend Nick since 1989 (first proper band / gig together), we've finally made an album. No hard sell but if anyone wants to check it out for free on Spotify / Amazon / whatever your preferred streaming platform is, "...Beyond Reverence" by Deadlight Dance is out today. Probably filed best under 80s Goth but it has enough layers to hold the interests of anyone who isn't expecting "Mega Party Mix Anthems 37". 

Of course I played bass on it but I also co-wrote all the originals, co-produced, co-arranged... as well as doing some mandolin, electric drums, acoustic drums, singing and Bass VI. 

enigmatic-date.thumb.jpg.5e79b0d84d486a5fb2a4b3a9233cb726.jpg

If anyone is REALLY keen, search us out on Bandcamp and support the band but I'm certainly happy with a few of you checking us out. This was only supposed to be one jam once lockdown restrictions eased! 

We're performing the album acoustically on mandocellos (as you do!)

Sat 16 Sept - SWINDON Shuffle onstage at The Beehive in Old Town at 7.15pm

Thurs 21 Sept - MILDENHALL, WILTS The Horseshoe

Sat 23 Sept BATH Chapter 22 (supporting Ghost Dance). 

beyond-reverence-front-cover-socials.jpg.56b358f1138853e835c82f31aab0302e.jpg

And any follows across any of the social media platforms is always appreciated. 

JRHArtley.thumb.jpg.8ab607cb3788880800dd23fab1f1748f.jpg

Congrats !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1