Why become a member? ×

RELISTED: 1973 Fender Precision Bass with OHSC 8 lbs 3 oz Price drop £3300 - *SOLD*
£3650
EXETER

Longwheelbass

TomatoP.thumb.jpg.afd5a035fa021be320028011f32d13c3.jpg

NoTraysinCase.thumb.jpg.ffd58e42373ac3ebf846424e2efeb3e5.jpg

NoTraysinCase.thumb.jpg.ffd58e42373ac3ebf846424e2efeb3e5.jpg

Back.thumb.jpg.0b3ee6d67dc1c52f1783099e8d66e2f8.jpgREDUCED: REDUCED £3300

Last chance to grab a killer bass before it gets traded to a store this week! Now strung with a fresh set of flats too.

1973 Fender Precision Bass with original hardshell case. All original parts with the exception of the E tuner has been swapped out out for a pre-1972 version. Original pickups all solder points original. Some light impressions in the clearcoat from some sort of fabric, only noticeable under certain angles. B width neck, in lovely condition fretboard in great shape, truss rod works as it should, bass is set up, intonated and plays well up and down the neck. Frets with plenty of life left in them. Bass body is alder , overall weight is only 8 lbs 3 oz. Case is A+ condition, clean and odour-free. It's advertised everywhere else at a higher figure to cover fees. Lowest price here for the real bass crowd.

Thanks for looking!

Shipping to UK is free, to EU to be determined by destination. Insurance is buyer's choice.

Back H:S.jpg

Body w Trays.jpg

Bridge.jpg

Down F:B Top.jpg

Down Fretboard 12.jpg

Forearm.jpg

Full Back.jpg

Full front No Trays.jpg

H:S.jpg

H:S Top Edge.jpg

Neck Date.jpg

Neck Pocket.jpg

No Trays A.jpg

No Trays in Case.jpg

Pickup Dates.jpg

Pots Cap.jpg

Top Horn.jpg

TORRES.jpg

Tugbar.jpg

Under Guard.jpg

Underbridge.jpg

Edited by Longwheelbass
Sold
  • Like 27

Lovely  bass with great, detailed pictures. I've never seen a Precision with a long G string screw though. I thought this was only a quirk of Jazz models from late 60's to early 70's due to the placement of the bridge and pick up. My 71 Jazz has the long G string screw which dates it correctly.

I'm sure one of my learned bass chatters will inform me otherwise. Any thoughts folk's?  Glwts mate.

Edited by Woody1957
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Woody1957 said:

Lovely  bass with great, detailed pictures. I've never seen a Precision with a long G string screw though. I thought this was only a quirk of Jazz models from late 60's to early 70's due to the placement of the bridge pick up. My 71 Jazz has the long G string screw which dates it correctly.

I'm sure one of my learned bass chatters will inform me otherwise. Any thoughts folk's?  Glwts mate.

Looks good to me, here's my '72 Precision....

20230818_091203.jpg

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Woody1957 said:

Lovely  bass with great, detailed pictures. I've never seen a Precision with a long G string screw though. I thought this was only a quirk of Jazz models from late 60's to early 70's due to the placement of the bridge pick up. My 71 Jazz has the long G string screw which dates it correctly.

Yes definitely correct from 70-73 ish  , my 71 has the longer G screw 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Woody1957 said:

Lovely  bass with great, detailed pictures. I've never seen a Precision with a long G string screw though. I thought this was only a quirk of Jazz models from late 60's to early 70's due to the placement of the bridge and pick up. My 71 Jazz has the long G string screw which dates it correctly.

My ‘73 Precision has the “long screw” too. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ossyrocks said:

Why do I keep coming back to look at this bass and think about buying it? I already have a '73 almost identical.......I need help.

It's why it's on the market - a form of self-help because my other P Bass is more than enough...and the junkyard Jazz kind of covers everything else.

• 1 month later...
On 18/08/2023 at 16:29, ossyrocks said:

Why do I keep coming back to look at this bass and think about buying it? I already have a '73 almost identical.......I need help.

Why do l keep coming back to look at the long G bridge screw?

On 19/08/2023 at 08:50, Beedster said:

That and the E-Type

image.jpeg.2a7792c0ee33cf12e8cad2be0e3551d0.jpeg

Totally agree Chris. Saw a lovely black E Type near Munich 2 weeks back. Had to tell the group I was with to stop and just admire the most beautiful car in the world. Even Enzo would have been proud to have made it. 

11 hours ago, pbasspecial said:

Totally agree Chris. Saw a lovely black E Type near Munich 2 weeks back. Had to tell the group I was with to stop and just admire the most beautiful car in the world. Even Enzo would have been proud to have made it. 

11 hours ago, ossyrocks said:

It’s original. Same as mine.  

Sorry it was tongue in cheek and meant as a joke!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pbasspecial said:

Many years ago when l lived in a small back to back terrace house in a mining village in South  Yorkshire, my Uncle George who was a scrap dealer from Bradford turned up in a brand new white E type. He took me out for a spin in it and when l got out l told him that when l grew up l was going to buy one of these. He looked at me and said son, don't waste your money...put it in gold and property! Canny lad was my Uncle.

• Like 1