Why become a member? ×

Jazz Bass Pickguard with P Pickup Cutout

thegummy

Anyone know where I can get a reasonably cheap Jazz pickguard but with a P pickup cutout instead of the neck J?

I realise that the standard J pickguard doesn't quite line up with a P pickup in its proper place so I'm not bothered whether the pickup cutout comes out the bottom of the pickguard or if it's shaped slightly differently, as long as it fits on a J bass with the normal screwholes and the control cavity cover.

Thought this would be easier to find but can't even find it on the pricier sites.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Brian18242 said:

Do you think the AliExpress pickguards would fit a sadowsky metroexpress or are they sized for a fender jazz?

It better be sized for a Fender!

Mine is actually a Schecter but it's the same dimensions as Fender so it's Fender-sized pickguards that fit it.

I would be very surprised if they were sized/shaped for anything other than the standard Fender design and didn't specifically mention it.

23 hours ago, thegummy said:

Just received the pickguard today - sadly the pickup is nowhere near in the right place, it's way closer to the neck :(

Brian in Glasgow will make you one, basic 3 ply are £30 rising to £40 for fancy stuff like mirror finishes.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/earlpilanz/Jazz-Bass/_i.html?store_cat=19748356010

• Like 1