Why become a member? ×

Rack pre amp choices..........

0175westwood29

So im thinking of moving my preamp of my board to a little unit above my amp.

looking at two currently..... as they around the same money

Screenshot2023-06-23at21_46_36.png.abf075b35f00a9b79fce65953188c95a.png

Screenshot2023-06-23at18_28_34.png.b7a1317695bdec961dfbcc7882cbcc52.png

it might be i end up getting both and one turns into doing my sub channel? (probs the ashdown)

i know and love the ctm preamp had a ctm 100 for a few years great sounding thing! but im intrested in the flexabilty the 2112 has i know there is some baked in eq but i dont mind that i also really like the drive sounds (shame they are on a fs)

Guess my only question is does anyone have either of these?

in my mind im tthinking of mixing the two di's from the geddy before sending to foh ( my board already has 2 Di out 3 if you count my amp sim) and i could be wrong but im guessing i can run out of the fx loop send into the front of an amp on the ctm? 

Edited by 0175westwood29

I was disappointed with the GED2112 .. too fuzzy for my liking, guess I was expecting a Darkglass X7 esque gritty sound but alas it didn’t deliver for me. Yes two separate outputs for either two poweramps or left / right single poweramp with maybe hi / lo cabs. I think there’s an internal dip switch to run them in parallel though.

Pity I couldn’t get it to work for me coz I already own two great poweramps .. the Ashdown looks interesting …

Edited by sifi2112

2 hours ago, 0175westwood29 said:

so ive ordered the ashdown

1 hour ago, 0175westwood29 said:

haha typical just found a geddy for a good price so though screw it!

Good work there, kudos. An example for us all.

• Like 1

ADF88A5F-E07A-4620-BE0F-72E3CB8AFDDD.thumb.jpeg.8481c2ddef2dc7634dbd6bbd6fe1d49a.jpeg

well I can confirm this setup doesn’t suck!! 

need to test out with my board but atm bass straight into the 2112 uneffected out into the ctm pre. All three di go into the Behringer mixing them down into a single di 

might fit a little mixer I. The back of the rack for a in ears mix of the lot. Or even save up for a two notes torpedo 

• Like 1

On 06/07/2023 at 16:10, 0175westwood29 said:

ADF88A5F-E07A-4620-BE0F-72E3CB8AFDDD.thumb.jpeg.8481c2ddef2dc7634dbd6bbd6fe1d49a.jpeg

Off topic...

I've never understood why so many Mac users seem to be content having having the dock at it's enormous default size and positioned permanently at the bottom of the screen.

On all my Macs it is shrunk down to a size just big enough to make out the what the individual icons are and the applications I don't need on a daily basis or are easily accessible another way (like System Preferences) have been removed. Then on my desk top it is positioned vertically on the far right of the second display where it's not in the way of my actual work - especially as on wide screens where there is plenty of width, but vertical space is at a premium. On my laptop it is hidden and only appears when the pointer is moved to the bottom of this display - if I could find a way to hide it permanently I would.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

P

53 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

Off topic...

I've never understood why so many Mac users seem to be content having having the dock at it's enormous default size and positioned permanently at the bottom of the screen.

On all my Macs it is shrunk down to a size just big enough to make out the what the individual icons are and the applications I don't need on a daily basis or are easily accessible another way (like System Preferences) have been removed. Then on my desk top it is positioned vertically on the far right of the second display where it's not in the way of my actual work - especially as on wide screens where there is plenty of width, but vertical space is at a premium. On my laptop it is hidden and only appears when the pointer is moved to the bottom of this display - if I could find a way to hide it permanently I would.

preach it brother

2 hours ago, BigRedX said:

Off topic...

Noted