Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Service

Rayman

Just a shout out to Dave Green and everyone at Ashdown. I took my (tired) EVO II 500 in for a service, pots and fans…. lovey, down to earth, friendly place, proper old school Amp shop. Made me feel all nostalgic for big heavy bass amps, like the old days. Proper job.

• Like 14

“Service? It’s nearly 20yrs old mate, it needs new f****** pots and fans mate, then it’ll last another 20yrs” 

Always good to hear it like it is, from a fellow northerner 😉

I’ve had Mark Bass, Trace, Fender, TC etc…. but none of them ever sounded as good as my old ABM rig from years ago. So that’s why I wanted another. This one came up at a great price, needing some love, which it’s now getting. Can’t wait to hear it.

• Like 2

I hesitate to share details of service prices, just in case their boss is reading this, but let's just say it is cheaper to send two Ashdown Acoustic Radiators together for a service, than one at a time. 

I also send an Electric Blue head with a faulty* power supply. I was given a  choice of power supplies, the option of replacing any substandard components, and a separate sleeve for the head.  

Add to that a lovely little chat with the same Dave Green, and great sound, and I am a happy Ashdown customer. 

* faulty? Some clown had removed it, and then popped the amplifier into a cupboard as a spare. Anyone who has ever played in church will recognise the concept of the Donated Rubbish cupboard....

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I just ran into this post; i find it interesting such praise exists for ashdowns CS. I have emailed and attempted to contact both California and Uk numbers without success. I am in the states and a new owner of a ashdown ctm100 and a RM610T. Any ashdwon reps on here that may be able to answer a few questions? Or if someone from the UK can ask them directly?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, bobbysmores said:

I just ran into this post; i find it interesting such praise exists for ashdowns CS. I have emailed and attempted to contact both California and Uk numbers without success. I am in the states and a new owner of a ashdown ctm100 and a RM610T. Any ashdwon reps on here that may be able to answer a few questions? Or if someone from the UK can ask them directly?

Hi bobby, I normally just call them on 01621 857853 uk , they don’t come on here much these days ,but you could try and send a private message to the tag Spondon has given above and it will go to their email, good luck 

• Like 2

A similar tale - bought an amp off eBay which I knew needed work, had it sent directly to Ashdown,  quick conversation with Guy and he made it like new - no service charge,  nothing for parts and they paid for the P&P.

Total cost to me? £0

Best CS from a music company by a mile (with Bernie Goodfellow a close second).

More than happy to blow their trumpet for them.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TheGreek said:

A similar tale - bought an amp off eBay which I knew needed work, had it sent directly to Ashdown,  quick conversation with Guy and he made it like new - no service charge,  nothing for parts and they paid for the P&P.

Total cost to me? £0

And with exactly the same fault on the same model of Ashdown amp that I have owned from new, I was asked for an unfeasible amount of money just for Ashdown to have a look at it whilst simultaneously telling me that it was essentially unrepairable. Eventually the amp was sold for a tiny fraction of what I paid for it on eBay . When I brought up the matter with their representative who used to post here they were rude and sarcastic to me.

I will never own or knowing use an Ashdown product ever again and AFAIAC the company can do one.

Edited by BigRedX

I spoke to Dave Green a few weeks back about a new cloth grill for a second hand cab I'd bought with a slightly rusty metal grill. He offered to make one up if I came down with the cab, real good guy to talk too as well. I didn't actually take him up as I've now sold the cab, but still, a great bit of service! 

Not sure how their US reps are, but it sounds like that's where some of the trouble lies.

• Like 2