Why become a member? ×

‘I have been told it’s not a fender’

But what was it? I can’t work it out and would love to know. However I don’t claim a vast knowledge of bass guitars.

I did think an old Westone but couldn’t find any that had the knobs like this. Also the headstock and truss rod cover are different 

somebody must recognise it surely?

rob

5 minutes ago, rwillett said:

But what was it? I can’t work it out and would love to know. However I don’t claim a vast knowledge of bass guitars.

I did think an old Westone but couldn’t find any that had the knobs like this. Also the headstock and truss rod cover are different 

rob

It’s a 70s -80s kay , I’ve got one and a few others here 👍

16 hours ago, rwillett said:

rob

It's a Cort, made in Korea & from 1980-ish. Sold branded as Kay in the UK, and a million or so other brands worldwide. Cort made dozens of different guitars & basses based on the same through neck/triple dot brass inlay template, from little travel guitars to double-necks. They're generally nice quality & were an inexpensive alternative to the through-neck Aria SBs, Ibanez Musicians etc of the era.

That said, this one's a mess, looks badly neglected and £99 is wildly optimistic for a start bid.

This is one I had a few years back. £50 BIN & it scrubbed up nice.

fullfrontal2.jpg.2867eaf12c7d98ef9179ad095557da30.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 09/05/2023 at 22:10, rwillett said:

rob

I thought Westone thunder as weĺl at first. I do think it's some kind of uncle mats. Don't like the neck/headstock repair much.

Could becone a headless project.

Fancy letting a through neck of that quality get in that state. Bstewards

On 13/05/2023 at 06:42, Ralf1e said:

I thought Westone thunder as weĺl at first. I do think it's some kind of uncle mats. Don't like the neck/headstock repair much.

Could becone a headless project.

Fancy letting a through neck of that quality get in that state. Bstewards

It's a Cort, made in Korea by Cor-Tek. Nothing to do with Matsumoku.

Guitar version:

jhutuhiictzxdwqxdnci.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2