Why become a member? ×

FS: Squier CV '70s Precision Bass, c/w Fender Original P-Bass Pick Ups NEW PRICE/ SOUND FILES ADDED - *SOLD*
£395
Potton, Central East Bedfordshire

silverfoxnik

Now SOLD

Hi Folks, 

Up for sale is my Squier Classic Vibe 70s P Bass, which comes fully set up and has the benefit of being upgraded with Fender Original P Bass pick ups, so it really does sound good! 

I'm looking for £SOLD for the bass, which I think is reasonable given the bass would cost £360 new and the pick ups about £90.

These pick ups really do sound good to my ears - the sound is exactly what you'd expect from a P Bass, full, throaty and with lots of attack and presence. 

As can be seen in the photos, it's in almost new condition and since I bought it at the start of the year, I've only used it for a few rehearsals. 

It really does look great IMO, and it plays really nicely, though obviously that's a very personal thing; I tend towards a medium-high action, but everything is working as it should so it won't be difficult to adjust it to your preference.

Strings are D'Addario nickels, 0.45-105s.

Tech spec available here :

https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Squier-Classic-Vibe-70s-Precision-Bass-MN-Black/2ZY8?origin=product-ads&gclid=CjwKCAjw586hBhBrEiwAQYEnHRTWaVK89KjNTbFZeJsRUT8GRn3klFdxvsV2QmafhsYUukpXGem7rBoCazIQAvD_BwE

I'll post up the weight later... 

The only reason I'm selling is because there's something else I really want, and as this was last in, it's a case of first out... No trades please. 

I'm based in Potton, Bedfordshire and would much prefer to sell the bass to someone who's able to collect in person.

As an aternative, I'd be happy to arrange a meet up in person within an hours drive from me.. 

Having had too many negative courier issues over the years with bass , I'm not comfortable with posting this but would consider it if absolutely necessary. 

I have a lovely Thomann tweed case that I could throw in as extra for £50 which would make it safer to ship. 

Trials welcome by arrangement with your amp of choice! 

Thanks for looking and if you have any questions, please send me a message via PM or ask away here. 

Cheers 

Nik 

IMG_20230411_161752_edit_3062440485990.jpg

IMG_20230214_123747.jpg

IMG_20230214_123742.jpg

IMG_20230214_123737.jpg

IMG_20230214_123605_edit_24754301420180.jpg

IMG_20230411_161458.jpg

Edited by silverfoxnik
New Price/Sound files uploaded
  • Like 8

• silverfoxnik changed the title to FS: Squier CV '70s Precision Bass, c/w Fender Original P-Bass Pick Ups NEW PRICE

Morning All, 

Having bought something else, I really do need to move this on now...

So, new price is £350. 

Happy to throw in a decent gig big for an extra £15, or the Thomann Tweed case for an extra £35.

Also, I will consider shipping this as long as it's fully insured. 

Any questions, please send me a message or ask away here. 

Thanks for looking...

Nik 

• Like 4

OK, in the hope that it helps spark some more interest in this lovely P Bass, here are three very rough & ready mp3s of the bass in action, to give you a flavour of what it can sound like. 

These have been put through a Zoom B1X Trace Elliot amp sim, and recorded into Logic 9 via an M-Audio interface. 

I've added a bit of compression and a tad of 2.5 kh eq to compensate for the strings being a few months old. 

Please excuse the scrappy playing and the basic sound engineering.. It is Sunday morning after all! 😁

Any questions, please ask... 

• Like 5

• silverfoxnik changed the title to FS: Squier CV '70s Precision Bass, c/w Fender Original P-Bass Pick Ups NEW PRICE/ SOUND FILES ADDED
  • 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd better bump this as I have been so busy lately, I forgot.

Which reminds me - I have a question for you :

In all the time I've been buying and selling bass gear here on Basschat, I've never had a situation like this one, where my For Sale advert has had almost 600 views, but I've not received one single PM or offer!

So, my question is, what's wrong, what am I doing wrong... 

...Is it the bass itself, the price I'm asking, the current state of the second hand market, my advert?? 

I'm a little but stumped to be honest. 

So, Basschat friends, your constructive, insightful feedback and comments would be most welcome. 

Thanks 👍😊

11 minutes ago, silverfoxnik said:

In all the time I've been buying and selling bass gear here on Basschat, I've never had a situation like this one, where my For Sale advert has had almost 600 views, but I've not received one single PM or offer!

...Is it the bass itself, the price I'm asking, the current state of the second hand market, my advert?? 

So, Basschat friends, your constructive, insightful feedback and comments would be most welcome. 

Thanks 👍😊

Even without the pickups this is a fair price for a decent instrument. The CVs I have played are as good as most Mexican Fenders and this one looks great which is a bonus. I expect people are just cutting costs after an unusually expensive winter.

Edited by tegs07

17 minutes ago, silverfoxnik said:

Thanks 👍😊

Its not the bass you are selling Nick as I have had 3 on here for sale without so much as a sniff so possible the market is a bit stagnant at the moment unfortunately...🤔

19 minutes ago, silverfoxnik said:

Put the original pickups back in and reduce the price.  Here (basschat), reverb, and eBay this bass is selling for £250-£300.

8 hours ago, briansbrew said:

Its not the bass you are selling Nick as I have had 3 on here for sale without so much as a sniff so possible the market is a bit stagnant at the moment unfortunately...🤔

Best of luck in selling those 3, Brian! 👍

You always have really nice basses for sale... 

• Thanks 1

On 24/04/2023 at 21:48, silverfoxnik said:

Thanks 👍😊

Its not you mate. Its a very tough market. I have 2 basses up and its frustrating as you don't want to give them away. Hope sale goes well you have a lovely bass with cool upgrades.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, horrorshowbass said:

Its not you mate. Its a very tough market. I have 2 basses up and its frustrating as you don't want to give them away. Hope sale goes well you have a lovely bass with cool upgrades.

Thanks @horrorshowbass 👍

And good luck with selling your two basses as well. 🙏

On 16/04/2023 at 09:34, silverfoxnik said:

OK, in the hope that it helps spark some more interest in this lovely P Bass, here are three very rough & ready mp3s of the bass in action, to give you a flavour of what it can sound like. 

These have been put through a Zoom B1X Trace Elliot amp sim, and recorded into Logic 9 via an M-Audio interface. 

I've added a bit of compression and a tad of 2.5 kh eq to compensate for the strings being a few months old. 

Please excuse the scrappy playing and the basic sound engineering.. It is Sunday morning after all! 😁

Any questions, please ask... 

Classic Precision tone - sits just perfectly in any mix - and some nice tight playing there Nik 👍

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Beedster said:

Classic Precision tone - sits just perfectly in any mix - and some nice tight playing there Nik 👍

Cheers Chris 👍😊

Amazing what autotune and flex time in Logic Pro can do for you... 😁

Very true about that Precision tone, it just works perfectly.

• silverfoxnik changed the title to SOLD : Squier CV '70s Precision Bass, c/w Fender Original P-Bass Pick Ups NEW PRICE/ SOUND FILES ADDED