Why become a member? ×

Mains extension cable with multiple spaced outlets

Paul S

Nothing that I've seen commercially available, although someone like Canford might. Pretty easy to do with a soldering iron and some cable though.

As for safety? No idea. If I was making one I'd do it with chunky cable and I'd have each outlet be individually fused so that if one went it didn't take out the whole run. That might be nicer and safer than poundland extension reels made with the cheapest of cheap materials. I get the impression that the outlets would just always be in the wrong place though, no matter where I put them in the cable.

• Thanks 1

Lidl do them from time to time. From memory around 5metres with a socket every metre but that may be an inaccurate remembrance :) I have one somewhere which I used to use at open mic nights where I ran it across the back of the stage and could plug in a 4 of 6 way at any point. They do exist anyway

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you. :)  The Lidl option sounds good - better than daisy chaining, anyway, and probably easier to set up. 

Soldering is off the agenda for me as my hands shake too much - I'd either end up in A&E or burning the house down. :D 

5 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

Yes, bough one from Lidl - fantastic thing when gigging. 5 sockets spaced evenly across the stage  - Next time they have one I will get another.

Looks like this:58be36390ac89b7e565bef8a012165495515fe64.jpg

That is just the ticket.

3 hours ago, Greg Edwards69 said:

Interesting. We have two Lidl’s in Southend, I’ll have to make time to pay them both a visit.

Sadly it is a random thing where sometimes they will have these things, and sometimes they won't. The stock changes every wednesday or thursday, one week it is angle grinders and flip flops, then next week it is lawn mowers and car mats. Then one week it will be different types of mains adapters.

I do however get all my rechargable batteries for my gigging stuff there, they last longer than all the others.

• Like 1

On 13/04/2023 at 00:14, Woodinblack said:

Sadly it is a random thing where sometimes they will have these things, and sometimes they won't. The stock changes every wednesday or thursday, one week it is angle grinders and flip flops, then next week it is lawn mowers and car mats. Then one week it will be different types of mains adapters.

I do however get all my rechargable batteries for my gigging stuff there, they last longer than all the others.

Unfortunately, our closest cheap supermarket is Aldi which as everyone knows, runs a similar business model. As such, we don't venture to Lidl very often. I'll make a point of popping in there more often if I'm close by in future to see of they have these in stock.

Edited by Greg Edwards69

On 12/04/2023 at 12:26, Matt P said:

I need one of those as well, when they make another appearance can someone post it to this thread please? then we can all nip out and get one.

Matt

I'll try and remember, I've just stocked up with cable ties from Lidl and posted that up. A few years back they actually stocked mic stands. Nice long boom arm they had too.