Why become a member? ×

Fender Adam Clayton ACB 50 Valve combo

matbard

I thought Mr Clayton was particularly restrained - only two basses used in 15 minutes? 🙂

I should add, like some other posters, that I have no problem with Mr.C...other than that he's a bigger gear tart than I am...but then I'm not on his money...

• Like 1

Just got this mail from Gear for music regarding my order:

Good Afternoon

I am contacting you regarding your recent order.

The confirmation email advised that the delivery would be between 28/03 and 29/03/2023. However, Fender have advised us that they currently don't have any stock of this product and the delivery estimate is now early September 2023 at the earliest

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, ursus said:

Good Afternoon

The confirmation email advised that the delivery would be between 28/03 and 29/03/2023. However, Fender have advised us that they currently don't have any stock of this product and the delivery estimate is now early September 2023 at the earliest

No way....

I need to contact Andertons to see when they will fulfill my order.

5 minutes ago, ursus said:

Good Afternoon

That stinks, and happens far too often, usually after you've paid as well. 

I'm pretty sure they'll be popping up in the used market way before then 🤔

Andertons are showing one in stock.

Unfortunately that can't be correct as I ordered mine 4 days ago and it hasn't been shipped.

Hope they are not being sneaky and taking orders for stock they do not have.

8 minutes ago, spyder said:

Andertons are showing one in stock.

Unfortunately that can't be correct as I ordered mine 4 days ago and it hasn't been shipped.

Hope they are not being sneaky and taking orders for stock they do not have.

They'll show one in stock, and might have one in stock, but..........

2 minutes ago, Beedster said:

They'll show one in stock, and might have one in stock, but..........

I have rung them. It's a cancelled order that they are now selling. I mentioned that I had already placed an order 4 days ago and I want it as I'm first in the Q.

They agreed.

Looks like it is still showing one for sale when there is clearly none.

2 minutes ago, spyder said:

I have rung them. It's a cancelled order that they are now selling. I mentioned that I had already placed an order 4 days ago and I want it as I'm first in the Q.

They agreed.

Looks like it is still showing one for sale when there is clearly none.

Hope it works out for you mate 👍

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Agent 00Soul said:

I've literally never heard of an amp being designed especially for a rock music plectrum player.  What does that even entail...or sound like?

Just listen to the demo video to hear what it sounds like. :)

As for picks, I stopped using them back in the Sixties! LOL

Just watched the video.  He doesn't say it was designed for plectrum per se, he was referring to the amp tone he uses on the songs he picks.  He also talks about the songs he plays fingerstyle and demos them.

Amp sounds great through.  And he's right: it does actually have a very "rock" sound.  Or at least the U2-style of small instrumental combos.

Edited by Agent 00Soul

54 minutes ago, Agent 00Soul said:

I've literally never heard of an amp being designed especially for a rock music plectrum player.  What does that even entail...or sound like?

Music from a skip 🤣

1 hour ago, ursus said:

Good Afternoon

I wouldn’t be happy with that, unless it was something I was really wanting I’d be asking for a refund 

hope they sort it out sooner for you 

Edited by Reggaebass

It's a pity that Fender never revisited the original 2x12 Bassman speaker cabinet and incorporated all the knowledge we gained from Thiele and Small. I still think my blonde black face Bassman looked loverly on stage. It just sounded like crap!! The amp section through a Marshall 4x12 worked so much better! 

Edited by BassmanPaul

On 12/03/2023 at 10:22, Linus27 said:

That's because Adam is not Irish. He was born near Oxford and his family moved to Ireland when he was 5. The Edge is also not Irish and was born in Essex to Welsh parents and moved to Ireland when he was 1. Only Bono and Larry are Irish.

I think 50 plus years of residency from childhood is enough to acquire at least something of a Dublin accent 

I’m slightly confused by his “there were two guitarists already so I bought a bass” story

in The Unforgettable Fire, by Eamon dunphy it says that Adam was at boarding school and begged his parents to buy him a bass so he could play homemade “dirges” with a school friend 

edit 

Wikipedia has the story the same way I recall it from that book. See “early life” on his Wikipedia page - he got one at 14, so perhaps his memory is failing him

Edited by Geek99

I was so excited this morning counting down the hours and minutes before the knock on the door from DPD delivery man.

First thing I get is ' I shouldn't be delivering this as it's 32kg and the legal limit for a single person delivery is 30kg '.

Oh well at least it is here I thought.

Unboxing went well, very neatly packed with good amount of support. 

Now it starts to fall down........

1. No UK mains cable, just a long EU type that is completely useless. OK I think, I can sort that out and Andertons can supply a UK replacement.

2. Plug in and there is a loud hum internally from the amp. This could be my mains so I put a mains cleaner inline and still there is a loud hum that can be heard across the room 6m away. This makes it useless in the studio.

3. The amp is cr*p. That's all.

I liked the mid type sound as long as you boost the bass to near max and turn down the treble completely. Unfortunately at number 2 on the volume dial it has a loud rasping sound internally again. The speaker farts out at number 3 and it will no way be loud enough for even a quiet drummer.

What a bummer...... It's going back for a refund.

• Sad 3

What a bummer. I’d be getting right onto Fender U.K. and Andertons via social media too. 
I ordered some shoes and they arrived on Saturday and they literally sent two left feet and when I get them sent back I’ll be making a note to say that the person who initialled that the order was checked might need a sit down and a quick chat about how feet work! Now maybe Andertons never had it out of the box so missed trhe fault or it’s taken a hit during transit but it’s shocking that a near 2k piece of gear can be this far off the mark. 

F33CE6DD-319B-47D8-898F-A7D6BB816305.thumb.jpeg.64c5e2d37f2300bbd4132ef66551ca33.jpeg

Edited by krispn
  • Haha 1