Why become a member? ×

New Bergantino Super-Pre

fretmeister

32 minutes ago, bassfan said:

Looking forward to that! 😃 let us know when it’s done mate 👍🏻

I will!!! 

Which reminds me, I really must find time to post the other 400 odd videos I've recorded for bass chatters!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dood said:

I will!!! 

Which reminds me, I really must find time to post the other 400 odd videos I've recorded for bass chatters!

This one is most important though. It’s the only GAS I’ve had in months. My bassrig could be in trouble. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wished I'd had this when I was running a Bergantino IP112 with an AE112 would have been amazing. Maybe an updated version of that power speaker to go with this would be cool. I know its probably pointless as you can get the Berg heads now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/02/2023 at 17:52, fretmeister said:

It's not just a pre - it's got some fx and it runs as an interface too.

To be clear it will pass the signal into an amp but stops short at being a USB audio interface. I'd have liked that. Still looks good but yes, things are not that affordable anymore!

33 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

Tonex.

Surely this pre is dead before it's even begun?

Funnily enough I have a ToneX on its way too. 

Stepping aside from Bergantino for a moment. I was only reading a comment from a facebooker yesterday saying they owned the Helix Stomp for a matter of days and had to send it back because it was way too complicated. Pedals such as Super Pre could (for many) bridge the gap between a fully featured analogue pedal and the multi-effects market. (especially the top tier processors such as Helix, Quad Cortex and the axe effects).

Yes, I understand the price point versus ToneX, but then Bergantino are no mass-produced factory brand and neither are the likes of Overwater, Barefaced and Tech 21. With that comes an understanding of the costs involved that have to be passed on.

The preamp on B|Amp sounds awesome, it's brilliant, so Super Pre is going to make a lot of people's ears "smile" I am sure.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, bassfan said:

AE453014-E58A-46D9-B784-14035CF0611B.jpeg

That's interesting. It ships with a 9V power supply. The unit accepts 9-12V and whenever this happens the higher voltage is usually recommended. Maybe I didn't need the Cioks DC-7 I just ordered.

Look forward to your feedback.

Edited by markorbit

Tested (albeit through headphones) sounds like the BAmp. Well made. Looks great. I won’t use half the features it has but I’ve already programmed in my settings for main funk and slap. If I have one criticism it’s that different presets/banks can’t have different speaker profiles. Unless @Doodcan tell me different. Would love to be proved wrong. Apart from that. I love it but then I’m a berg fan. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

just to add a little more. The best tone I ever had had was a gig using my Mesa m6 and berg cn212, I then bought a BAmp and that was equally as good. I got more comments on my tone whilst using that than I ever used to. We then went wholly in ears and no back line. I missed the cab and tone of my rig but it sounded great out front using just my BAmp for a while then a bassrig. Now comes the super pre. The BAmp in a pedal. I loved the compression, tuber, distortion and fuzz when needed but more importantly for me the eq. 
I have a wedding to play Saturday, can’t wait to hear it cut through the mix ! 

93EA6654-739F-4958-B9E0-512B86271A9A.jpeg

Edited by bassfan
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, markorbit said:

That's interesting. It ships with a 9V power supply. The unit accepts 9-12V and whenever this happens the higher voltage is usually recommended. Maybe I didn't need the Cioks DC-7 I just ordered.

Look forward to your feedback.

I have it powered on my dc7. 👍🏻 great power supplies. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bassfan said:

Tested (albeit through headphones) sounds like the BAmp. Well made. Looks great. I won’t use half the features it has but I’ve already programmed in my settings for main funk and slap. If I have one criticism it’s that different presets/banks can’t have different speaker profiles. Unless @Doodcan tell me different. Would love to be proved wrong. Apart from that. I love it but then I’m a berg fan. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

just to add a little more. The best tone I ever had had was a gig using my Mesa m6 and berg cn212, I then bought a BAmp and that was equally as good. I got more comments on my tone whilst using that than I ever used to. We then went wholly in ears and no back line. I missed the cab and tone of my rig but it sounded great out front using just my BAmp for a while then a bassrig. Now comes the super pre. The BAmp in a pedal. I loved the compression, tuber, distortion and fuzz when needed but more importantly for me the eq. 
I have a wedding to play Saturday, can’t wait to hear it cut through the mix ! 

93EA6654-739F-4958-B9E0-512B86271A9A.jpeg

looking superb!

Just to answer your question, like the B|Amp, the speaker files (profiles) are static (page 15 in the manual specifies what can be saved in a preset) but, maybe it’s something that can be implemented. I’m video chatting to Jim again soon, so if I remember, I’ll run it by him.

last time we talked for nearly 4 hours solid!! Honestly:) 

• Like 1