Why become a member? ×

Missing Presumed Stolen - Alembic Essence 4 String, clear gloss, serial number #90K6225

dyerseve

Thanks UPS!🙄

The bass was shipped from Spain to Germany and was originally scheduled for delivery on Monday but never arrived. The tracking details were then updated on Tuesday to show that the bass was out for delivery and would be delivered between 13:00-17:00 on Tuesday. I waited all that time and it never arrived. Tracking info was updated again around 17:30 to say it was still due for delivery that same day but now before end-of-day(19:00 for residential properties). I waited and it never turned up.

The next morning the tracking details were once again updated to show the bass would be delivered on Wednesday, again between 13:00-17:00. I was away that day but had activated notifications for the delivery on my phone - that way, if the bass was delivered, I would call my GF who lives 10 minutes away to go and collect the bass. Sure enough, at 13:04 I get an email to say the bass has been delivered and was left in front of my door(not as bad as it sounds as it is at the back of the property and not overlooked by anyone).  I immediately rang my girlfriend, to go and collect the bass for me. But when she arrived 10 minutes later, there was no sign of the bass. She went to a neighbour and asked if they had received the bass on my behalf but they had not. They then both went around to all of my neighbours and asked all of them if they had received my bass - none of them had. They then searched all of the communal areas of the property and outside the property, the bins, the shed etc but could not locate the bass.
As the bass was originally due to be delivered on Monday and then again Tuesday, I am suspicious that UPS has lost or stolen the bass themselves. There is no proof of delivery, no photo, nothing. As such I have filed a claim for this delivery - the claim was filed on Wednesday and as yet, there has been no response from UPS. 

Please keep your eyes out for this bass and let me know if you see it anywhere.

Unfortunately the seller did not insure the bass, but I should be protected the Reverb.com buyer protection.

ydctoxmh0fj1m3oaihb5.thumb.webp.7bc00be5e91200607dbd3683b985b3c4.webpr0qsgmbqc4fgefqzh0ks.thumb.webp.8879a411fede7b21215722294709d76c.webp

pa9epeeewswfag3prwfs.thumb.webp.013d08fa6c623911ca5049b56b4c8061.webp

• Sad 8

Of all the delivery firms UPS have been consistently the most unreliable both in delivering on time, but also in correct communication. 
Have you actually spoken with UPS yet on this. There’s a good chance this was never delivered at all, the wrong code inputted by driver, and it’s still somewhere in the UPS system. 

Sorry to hear about this. UPS are by a long way the worst courier service available, only this week they left £1000 worth of electronics in my doorstep in the rain without even ringing the bell. Buddy my trusty Chocolate Lab doesn’t however let such couriers of the hook lightly, and alerted me to incoming audio gear with his barking. So I went out and asked the driver - who was back in the van - why he thought it was OK to leave the package with no attempt to ring the bell or get a signature, and to clearly risk it getting rain damaged or stolen. He simply stared at me and drove off 😡

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, Drax said:

Of all the delivery firms UPS have been consistently the most unreliable both in delivering on time, but also in correct communication. 
Have you actually spoken with UPS yet on this. There’s a good chance this was never delivered at all, the wrong code inputted by driver, and it’s still somewhere in the UPS system. 

Unfortunately, it is impossible to call UPS. The investigation I have opened with them will hopefully reveal any such inputting error very quickly:

Hi, we are looking into your claim.

The following package has been reported as lost or missing. UPS will search for the package and contact the shipper with any updates or for additional information requests.

UPS Next Steps:
We will search for the package. We will contact the shipper with the results of our search, or if we need more information.

Your Next Steps:
You need do nothing at this time.You can check the status of the claim online at any time.

Edited by dyerseve

3 minutes ago, nilorius said:

It's delivers fault. You can't just leave that kind of thing at the door and drive away. Couldn't they wait 10 minutes for Your GF ? I would start a criminal issue about them.

Delivery drivers won't wait 10 minutes, not a chance in hell.

I'd actually blame the way their company pays them as opposed to the drivers as often they get paid in relation to the amount of parcels they have 'attempted' to deliver, so asking them to wait 10 minutes is asking them to take a pay cut that day.

Absolutely no excuses for those drivers that just drive up to a house to make their tracking SatNav show they were at the property, and then drive off again without actually leaving the van. I've had that twice with DHL.

The pay structure of delivery companies has a lot to answer for.

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, binky_bass said:

@dyerseve - The email address for the UK CEO of UPS is:

[email protected]

Send them an email, you'll end up with a response from the 'executive office' and not the actual CEO, but it'll hopefully get the matter escalated.

Thanks mate, I’m going to send him my thoughts in pure Anglo Saxon 👍

• Haha 1

Twice I've been stung with this sort of thing thing year. In the first instance I had ordered a PlayStation 5. The order was placed but no delivery ETA was given as one would be sent when they came back in stock. I I realised whilst away on holiday with my family that my PlayStation 5 was going to be delivered and I wouldn't be home to receive it. I used online form on the courier's website to request the delivery be cancelled and delayed by a couple of days so that the item would arrive when I was at home. I was told that this had been done but then received a delivery receipt, much to my surprise. I came home to find my brand new PlayStation 5 tucked away on my driveway. It had been out there for over 24 hours. Luckily it didn't rain and it didn't get wet. I still wasn't happy. 

Another occasion I had another expensive item delivered by Amazon. It didn't come when it was supposed to so I checked the website to find out that it had apparently been delivered. However, It said it had gone to another address. There was no name given and the signature was just a squiggle. Check with all my neighbours. None of them had it and they started to think that the item had probably been stolen or chucked away by the driver. However, later turned out that it has been stuffed in some bushes in my neighbor's garden. 

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, binky_bass said:

@dyerseve - The email address for the UK CEO of UPS is:

[email protected]

Send them an email, you'll end up with a response from the 'executive office' and not the actual CEO, but it'll hopefully get the matter escalated.

thanks Binky. You dont happen to know the email of the CEO for UPS here in Germany do you please?

1 hour ago, binky_bass said:

Delivery drivers won't wait 10 minutes, not a chance in hell.

I'd actually blame the way their company pays them as opposed to the drivers as often they get paid in relation to the amount of parcels they have 'attempted' to deliver, so asking them to wait 10 minutes is asking them to take a pay cut that day.

Absolutely no excuses for those drivers that just drive up to a house to make their tracking SatNav show they were at the property, and then drive off again without actually leaving the van. I've had that twice with DHL.

The pay structure of delivery companies has a lot to answer for.

Unfortunately this is spot on. I would also blame the courier companies that have enacted a policy that allows their drivers to deliver packets without obtaining a proof of delivery:

890526912_Screenshot2023-01-14120648.jpg.dba3b1bda6dfde752a84fb7d83ad3837.jpg

Though I have to say that I find it strange that my Amazon delivery driver has no problem locating and utilising my doorbell - and he even waits while I open the door! I mean if any delivery drivers are going to be under the pump then I thought it would be Amazon drivers!

2 hours ago, Chris2112 said:

Twice I've been stung with this sort of thing thing year. In the first instance I had ordered a PlayStation 5. The order was placed but no delivery ETA was given as one would be sent when they came back in stock. I I realised whilst away on holiday with my family that my PlayStation 5 was going to be delivered and I wouldn't be home to receive it. I used online form on the courier's website to request the delivery be cancelled and delayed by a couple of days so that the item would arrive when I was at home. I was told that this had been done but then received a delivery receipt, much to my surprise. I came home to find my brand new PlayStation 5 tucked away on my driveway. It had been out there for over 24 hours. Luckily it didn't rain and it didn't get wet. I still wasn't happy. 

Another occasion I had another expensive item delivered by Amazon. It didn't come when it was supposed to so I checked the website to find out that it had apparently been delivered. However, It said it had gone to another address. There was no name given and the signature was just a squiggle. Check with all my neighbours. None of them had it and they started to think that the item had probably been stolen or chucked away by the driver. However, later turned out that it has been stuffed in some bushes in my neighbor's garden. 

Don't get me started........

The delivery from UPS this week didn't arrive and I was going to be out the next day so I tried to use the link in the 'delayed' email to change delivery date to a day on which I would be. It took me 90 minutes to get it done - I had to register with their website and then download their app and then enter all sorts of details only to be told that someone of the same name already had an account with them so I had to start all over again - and when it finally did and i entered all the details successfully, I pressed 'Continue' and got an error message saying "Please try again later". The seller was at the the same time trying to do it by phone with even less success..........

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, jazzyvee said:

what does CRO mean?

Sorry, living with an ex copper I kind of pick up the lingo as she sits there correcting every dibble drama on tv.

Criminal Records Office, I was suggesting there's a good likelihood he has a record for sticky fingers. The staff turnover on these firms is far too high for them to do a DBS check on most of them.

Edited by Bassfinger
Spelling

I had a thought about this kind of thing. If I was buying an expensive bass from a private seller and couldn’t collect it personally, I’d be tempted to get an Apple AirTag (or similar), register it with my phone, send it to the seller and ask them to include it in the package. That way I’d have a reasonable chance of tracking its location if it was delayed or went missing. 

• Like 4

On 14/01/2023 at 11:57, dyerseve said:

thanks Binky. You dont happen to know the email of the CEO for UPS here in Germany do you please?

His name is Frank Jørgensen if that helps. LinkedIn or there are a bunch of websites claiming to know what it is?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, dyerseve said:

thanks everyone for the input. I've just noticed an interesting update on the tracking details page:

1582663530_Screenshot2023-01-16095026.thumb.jpg.6ae4b702b03add46786034295cbcc45b.jpg

thankfully I am in all day today so will be interested to see what happens...

Fingers crossed for you mate 🤞

• Thanks 1