Why become a member? ×

New Harley Benton MV-4PJ basses!

cetera

On 24/11/2022 at 16:52, stewblack said:

One of the most stupid/hilarious anti Harley Benton comments I've read recently (and they're almost all just cut and paste by people with zero real life experience) was a guy who says once he'd cut off and thrown away the awful strings it was a much better bass.

The instrument came with D'Addario strings as standard.

I have those awful strings on most of my basses because if you like depth and sustain they are great! 🤣🤣

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Hi Guys, 

Thought I'd add my thoughts here.

I bought the Burgundy Mist Harley Benton MV-4PJ Gotoh.

I really can't believe the quality for £200 including delivery.

So much so, that I've got the Sea Foam Green one due to be delivered tommorrow.

The pickups are good considering the price, there's good versatility with a volume for each pickup.

Thanks,

Paul.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, jassbass said:

Got this used MV 4 Gotoh jazz few weeks ago,never owned a bass since last year.Cant believe how Thoman make these so cheap. Me messing about

I have this one in the same colour. Isn't it gorgeous?

You make it sing my friend.

• Like 1

On 03/04/2023 at 18:22, jassbass said:

Got this used MV 4 Gotoh jazz few weeks ago,never owned a bass since last year.Cant believe how Thoman make these so cheap. Me messing about

Your video is now on the Harley Benton website.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lemmywinks said:

@jassbass I would be hitting them up for a free bass or two!

Yeah try that!

The other day i saw on IG how a young parisian lady who had picked up playing bass during Covid was being sent Fender basses now.

I have bought a bunch of stuff from Thomann over the years, currently own only a HB gtr & a HB bass, & am on a very tight budget.. so i thought that maybe, asking politely & reminding them of my client history with them, i could ask for & get a 15% discount on a JP-45OP that i wanted. They replied in a very rude manner.

So, here is what i am doing: i release videos on IG & TikTok every day, playing my HB MV-4MSB, but don't tag them anymore, don't mention the brand, keep the headstock out of the frame. 

My circumstances are not going to stop me from making music, so i'll keep playing my HB gear, but there is no way i am going to be used to advertise Thomann & their in-house brands. I am actually thinking of getting stickers to put on the headstocks. Any idea of what kind of stickers i could use without damaging the finish of the instruments? Things that could easily be removed if needed?

5 hours ago, neil___lien said:

i could ask for & get a 15% discount on a JP-45OP that i wanted. They replied in a very rude manner.

Actually rude? Or just what a blunt German sounds like replying with a no, in a foreign language to them? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, neil___lien said:

Yeah try that!

The other day i saw on IG how a young parisian lady who had picked up playing bass during Covid was being sent Fender basses now.

I have bought a bunch of stuff from Thomann over the years, currently own only a HB gtr & a HB bass, & am on a very tight budget.. so i thought that maybe, asking politely & reminding them of my client history with them, i could ask for & get a 15% discount on a JP-45OP that i wanted. They replied in a very rude manner.

So, here is what i am doing: i release videos on IG & TikTok every day, playing my HB MV-4MSB, but don't tag them anymore, don't mention the brand, keep the headstock out of the frame. 

My circumstances are not going to stop me from making music, so i'll keep playing my HB gear, but there is no way i am going to be used to advertise Thomann & their in-house brands. I am actually thinking of getting stickers to put on the headstocks. Any idea of what kind of stickers i could use without damaging the finish of the instruments? Things that could easily be removed if needed?

Just tie a silk hankie round the headstock

No idea on the ins and outs of using YT videos as a promotional video - but would be worth contacting HB and play it nice saying you appreciate them using your videos but could there be something in it for you too? Even if it ends up being some strings or other accessories it's still free stuff isn't it?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LukeFRC said:

Actually rude? Or just what a blunt German sounds like replying with a no, in a foreign language to them? 

Well, he didn't use swearwords or anything, but instead of phrasing it "we regret to inform you that it is not commercially viable for us to offer discounts on new products balblabla" he said "there is no way you are getting a discount". I also asked a couple of other questions about why some products were not showing on their website anymore, & the same super dry phrasing was used. I understand that written messages don't give U access to intonation or body language cues, and that this guy might actually be starting in the Customer Service department, but yeah there was no other way of understanding that email. 

I have interacted with German people before & they aren't what Hollywood shows in movies lol.. 

1 hour ago, Waddo Soqable said:

Or a pair of grubby Y-fronts.. 

Ok! That right there!! That is the solution! I believe i have some underwear with the old Batman logo somewhere!! Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anyone know if these are compatible with fender necks? I’ve been on the lookout for a replacement body for a MIM jazz bass, and bodies seem to be thin on the ground at the moment, and are priced higher than this bass, I love some of these colours so was wondering if they were compatible.