Why become a member? ×

How quickly the day changes!

Bunion

Dislocated... OUCH!

Popped my left shoulder out in a bike accident 18 years ago... The 'Wrong Way' down the front, according to the hospital. Gas and Air and winged it about till it went back in.

So nice when it went in... and the pain stopped.

Get the physio and make sure ya rotator cuff is all good.

I still feel it pushing open heavy doors,

and trying to sleep on my left side.

How did ya do it?

Edited by PaulThePlug

9 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

How did you manage that then?

The most ridiculous way. 
never wore glasses before and they gave me varifocals so 3 different areas. I’d just put them on and everything looks like a bubble.

missed a step and went down like a pole axe with my arms out in front of me landed on the one heavier 🤓 

I didn’t break my glasses though so bonus!! 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Bunion said:

The most ridiculous way. 
never wore glasses before and they gave me varifocals so 3 different areas. I’d just put them on and everything looks like a bubble.

I had that, went to the optician as a non glasses wearer, they pushed the varifocals on me. Picked them up, went outside wearing them, the world looked horrible, I felt sick, walked into a bollard (luckily only slightly), never wore them again!

• Like 1

Just now, Woodinblack said:

I had that, went to the optician as a non glasses wearer, they pushed the varifocals on me. Picked them up, went outside wearing them, the world looked horrible, I felt sick, walked into a bollard (luckily only slightly), never wore them again!

Poor optician there, they should warned you that they take a day or two to become accustomed to and then it feels totally normal. And best for new wearers to wait until they get home until you try them out properly.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, T-Bay said:

Poor optician there, they should warned you that they take a day or two to become accustomed to and then it feels totally normal.

They didn't, and more specifically, I feel they really pushed them, whatever the question was their answer was varifocals.

33 minutes ago, Bunion said:

That couldn’t have been pleasant 

Mine wasn’t as bad as yours, i did powerlifting for 7 years and it’s fairly common in the gym, I just had to rest up for a few weeks but it can become a weak spot until it’s healed properly, take it easy and I wish you a speedy recovery mr B