• Dad3353
    • Leornard Smalls
    • lurksalot
    • Nail Soup
    • Nicko
    • upside downer
    • xgsjx

This poll is closed to new votes

It is the time that a small corner of the forum offer their humble compositions for judgement by the BC massive.

Well done to @upside downer on his excellent win in September, he was  forthcoming with his choice of image and has a few words of explanation to accompany it..

"This bizarre spectacle is all part of the El Colacho Baby Jumping Festival where newborn children that have been baptised need to have their original sin cleansed. The costumed man represents the devil and, as he jumps over the babies, the idea is that their sin will stick to him and be removed from them.

No babies were harmed in the preparation of this photo 😁"

the photo for inspiration being .....

image.png.84014c475028327c9ea3992b2076ad85.png

the offerings are as follows , please choose your favourite 3 

1   @Dad3353     The tiny tots have not yet learned (been told...) about the Law of Physics and the Real World. Nothing, to them, is impossible, or even odd...

2   @Leonard Smalls   As soon as I saw the photo I thought, it could be tragic! Hence, we have a jazzy musing on Chopin's piano cover of Barry Manilow's "Could It Be Magic"...

3   Lurksalot     Minimal sung lyrics , but probably still too many :D  , with added real spoken Spanish, courtesy of @mcnach 

4   @Nail Soup    I had a banjo 'on my knee' when I saw the picture. I checked the rules and banjo is not outlawed...
So - a banjo song about the devil and original sin.

@Nicko    I started with a vocal line "I saw the Devil in the street, He wore Addidas upon his feet", and then junked that and came up with some Neo classical rock nonsense.  Part Carmina Burana, part Diary of a Madman

6   @upside downer  A devilishly diabolical ditty with angular guitar, stuttering yet throbbing bass, minimalist insistent drums and a vocal style somewhere between a Fisher Price Elvis Presley and a poor man's Johnny Cash.

@xgsjx    I've got an entry this month.  Bass is my Ibby through the Plugin Alliance Ampeg B-50N.  Drums & vocals by Logic (just had fun chopping things up).

These all bring a smile and are well worth voting for....

but only 3 

voting closes at the end of witching hour , midnight on 31st October 

have fun. 

Edited by lurksalot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, lurksalot said:

Well done @xgsjx , @Nail Soup and@upside downer on a deserved joint win.

If you can work out a picture provider between yourselves that would be great, or I can set a tiebreak question for the privilege 😁

I had the pleasure of choosing the last picture so am happy for @Nail Soup and @xgsjx to arm wrestle between themselves for the honours this time 👍